Chapter21~ Peter and Pan

"Felix!" Pan called as he stalked toward the blonde.

Felix dismissed the two lost boys he was talking to and turned to face Pan "Yes?"

Pan pulled him to the side "What the hell was that?"

He remained calm, watching his leader "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Cut the shit!" Pan growled fisting Felix's shirt pulling the lean boy down to his level. "You put her in danger explain."

"I was simply following your orders" Felix tried to keep his composure but Pan made it hard sometimes, getting worked up by silly things... What was one lost girl in the scheme of things?

"I didn't ask you to put her life in danger"

"You told me to keep her away from camp and I did" Felix replied frustration rising in his voice, he continued the intense eye contact his eyes boring back into Peter's "why is she so important anyway? Why not just kill her? She's not that useful." Pan let go turning away running a hand through his hair. Felix straightened up seeing his boss in a new light for the first time. "Unless you care for her?"

Peter whirled around eyes hard, determined "No, nothing of the sort. She means nothing to me"

Felix nodded not believing him but nodded "Alright, but know that she could get in the way"

"She won't"

"But-"

"She won't" Peter repeated stronger "if she gets in the way, I'll take care of it."

Felix nodded backing up "Okay then"

~*~*~*~

"I'm done" Brooklyn whispered and Fallon gave a soft nod and rotated her shoulder "I wouldn't do that" Brooklyn warned as Fallon winced.

"Thanks for the suggestion" Brooklyn nodded and left quickly and quietly Clara sat down beside her.

"What happened?"

The two girls looked ahead at the fire. Though young, Clara was mature and Fallon considered her as an equal, she didn't sugar coat it "Neverbeast" she breathed.

Clara looked over at her "A neverbeast?"

"Yes"

"You fought it alone?"

"I didn't have a choice" Fallon explained "Pan's orders" but then she remembered how mad he'd been "...or maybe not?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Clara asked looking up at Fallon and away from the flames.

She sighed meeting the younger girl's eyes "I don't know"

Pan walked up looking down at Clara and nodded in respect "you may go" Clara looked to Fallon who simply nodded. "How is your arm?"

"Sore" I stared at the fire and Peter sat down where Clara had been previously but closer they're legs touched he was warm like the fire, it felt nice.

"May I?" he asked gesturing to her arm and Fallon nodded, he carefully pealed back the bandage. There was a messy row of stitches he sucked in and Fallon sat there completely still. She didn't dare move as Peter's fingers ghosted over the wound. What he said next took her by surprise "Did it hurt?" he was almost... gentle, kind even.

Fallon nodded "When it happened there was so much adrenalin pumping through me I hardly notice. But after" she winced a bit "it hurt... a lot" Peter's grip tightened around her arm she met his eyes they were green. She knew this, she'd always known. But here in the fire light they were so green and full of concern. It was a look she'd need seen him posses. It was odd to see him this way but it felt like magic. Her brain felt foggy and she couldn't decide if she liked it or not...