Chapter11~ Crossbows

As it turns out I am horrible with a crossbow. I can do daggers and swords but not crossbows. So I bet you can imagine how humiliating it was when Peter or Pan as he's called handed me one and told me to shoot.

~*~*~*~

        We'd been standing in an opened field for what seemed like hours Peter wouldn't let me go hunting till I'd actually hit the target he'd been giving me pointers on shooting the crossbow but non of them had proven to be useful to me. I kept missing and he kept laughing until finally I let out a grown of frustration dropping the crossbow and started towards the woods. "Ah so now you're quitting on me?" he asked from behind me.
        I stopped and turned around to face him "Pan we're wasting time I'm no good with a crossbow so let's just move on ok? Kia is hungry and I'm out here to feed him not play one of your stupid games." I said as anger began to boil up inside me I was getting tired of him. I turned back around swiftly and continued to walk into the woods. When Peter appeared right in front of me dangerously close I took as step back but he took a step forward I pushed him back away from me and angrily crossed my arms. "What do you want Pan?" I asked.
        "I believe the question is what do you want." He said "I will set you bird free if and only if you can shoot the target back there with the crossbow." he smirked "Do we have a deal?" he asked sticking his hand out for me to shake it.
        I thought for a moment I was horrible with that thing "Is that the only way you'll let him out?" I asked.
        His smirk grew "Of course! This is your test!" I sent him a confused look so he clarified "To become a lost girl."
        "But you know that I'm terrible at it." I pointed out.
        "Well it's not meant to be easy."
        I sighed if I was going to get Kia back I was going to have to play his stupid little game. "Deal" I stuck my hand out for him to shake it but right before he did I pulled my hand back "If! I'll make the deal with you if and only if you promise to properly show me how you've only been giving me vague pointers I want some proper help." I said looking into his eyes holding my ground.
        He thought for a moment and then smiled "Deal" he stuck out his hand and I shook it and together we walked back to the center of the clearing.