Chapter20~ Sunken Dagger

3rd Person~

The key to achieving her goals was patience she decided. Things were changing. Plans that had laid dormant for years were being activated. And so now she was faced with an ever growing issue: her plan no longer applied.

Hook was different. Sure he didn't look different but he wasn't the captain raining over a shifty pirate crew, nor was he a complete drunk. True, Hook still reeked of alcohol but he was sharper more aware of his surroundings. This was going to be much more difficult. Messy even.

Fallon sat sharpening her dagger ready to spit fire. Easy, her brain reminded her. Anger won't help. It'll only blind you. She took a deep breathe and stood setting her sharpening rock aside. Focused on her goal and threw the dagger full force and it sunk into the bullseye that was etched into the trunk of a near by tree.

"Temper" a voice joked.

She whirled around crossbow ready "oh, it's you"

Felix made a face before speaking in a grownup manner "Pan wants you to go hunting for the camp."

Fallon raised an eye brow "By myself?" Felix nodded "But that'll take forever can't I-"

Felix raised a hand to silence her reminding Fallon that he was higher up on the food chain. "We all have our chores... Go on then" he told her. "Wouldn't want to be out in the forest at night. All sorts of awful creatures..."

Fallon glared and pulled her dagger out of the tree in one swift movement "I'm aware" she turned on her heels and headed off deeper into the thicket.

Felix watched and once she was out of sight he left, back to camp. Upon his return Pan stood up from his spot and met him near the entrance "Is she?"

"Yes"

"Good" Pan nodded "Now, it's time get the bird"

Felix nodded soldier-like then swiftly moved across the camp and off down a hidden trail, no one seemed to notice. It was dark here from the massive amount of foliage and tree coverage. So much so that Felix had to duck to keep from hitting his head on tree limbs. "Here, birdy birdy" he taunted as he entered the clearing.

The space was more of a room than anything else, the sky was still not visible and the area was lit by a numerous amount of torches. It was dark and ere. Two lost boys stood guard both essentially albino their jobs from the second they stepped on to the island were here. In fact none of the other lost boys even knew they existed. Felix nodded to them. "Lower the bird" both boys nodded curtly before going to their respective cranks across from one another. They began to turn the cranks and the complex system of pullies slowly from the depths of the dark celling a cage was lowered. After a dramatically long time it hit the forest floor with a soft thud. Felix pulled out a small tarnished key and unlocked the heavy locking mechanism. The cage swung opened, but the figure inside stayed to the back corner. Felix cleared his throat, impatiently. Nothing. "Come on out Wendy bird. It's time to play."

~*~*~*~

"Stupid Felix" Fallon trampled down the trail checking the traps hoping for enough to feed the lot. She enjoyed hunting, she did. But not under stress. Hunting under a deadline was her least favorite thing. There was a rustle in the bushes and she pulled out an arrow and prepared to fire it.

~*~*~*~

"I refuse" she folded her arms across her chest defiantly.

"Wendy" Peter spoke coolly he was starting to remember why he locked her up in the first place. While beautiful Wendy was childish in the worst ways. Unlike Fallon, he found himself thinking she's childish in the right ways- he breathed in sharply no time for that he reminded himself. It was an issue he would deal with after all of this was over. "you don't have a choice unless you want-"