Chapter22~ Confused to say the least

Fallon's heart sunk down to the pit of her stomach. She didn't know how to react. Sure, it was just a kiss, she supposed that was all it could of been. But she'd been so sure that it meant something to him too. At first she wanted to cry she felt herself pushing tears down the whole morning but by noon she just felt tired and slightly confused. She decided that it was better to just set aside her feelings and focus on the goal.

Closer to night fall they followed Felix's instructions and gathered in the center of camp so that the adults couldn't pick them off. She was startled to see two albino boys enter camp with Wendy of all people locked in chains "Wendy?" she'd called coming closer.

"I never left" she sniffled, Wendy had always been a crier. "I-I wanted to but Pan wouldn't let me"

Fallon had felt her stomach drop maybe there was more to him than she thought. It was better this way she confirmed, to simply be a solider of his. He was a far better leader than lover, she guessed.

And that's how she ended up as she was now sitting on a stump watching the fire and waiting for Neverland to be saved.

Wendy sucked in air as the band of misfit adults entered the clearing Hook was one of them. Fallon sat at the ready and waited for the right moment.

When he turned his back to her Fallon gripped the dagger and fiercely launched herself forward. Her hope, to physically stab him in the back and even the score. His metaphorical stab in the back had cost her a sister and a normal childhood.

However the short haired lady.... Mary Margaret? Shot Fallon with an arrow it lodged itself in the middle of her forearm and sunk into the tree behind. Fallon winced and struggled to free herself. The arrow gave way snapping in two and she lunged at Hook going for a solid punch in the face. But before Fallon could there was a sharp pain in the back of her head and she went down and lost consciousness.

With Fallon laying there on the ground the lost girls started to rise, but Felix shook his head warning them no to move a muscle. They sat there watching the adults.

~*~*~*~

Neal immediately recognized Fallon, she'd been his best friend for years how could he not. But he also remembered her hatred of Hook and her father and how they'd left her. He knew that if Hook were to recognize her he'd have her live with her father if they were able to return to Storybrooke. He wasn't sure if she'd want that so he kept quiet and remand where he was watching her out of the corner of his eye.

~*~*~*~

Fallon woke up later on a ship and begrudgingly discovered the truth they'd lost. It was over and rumors rumbled through the lost ones. Apparently the lying grown up were saying that Pan was a liar that he was just doing this for himself and that he didn't care about them. "What do you think?" she asked Brooklyn. The adults had aloud him to tend to her wounds.

Brooklyn sighed looking older but still young "I don't know" he wrapped the gnaws tightly "I mean Pan's a- a good leader, but...."

"But?" she asked curious hating that she missed the action.

"...but what they're saying makes since" his voice faded to a whisper Brooklyn shook his head in confusion, brows furrowed "I don't know what to think..." he secured the fabric in a tight almost surgical knot "there, that should be okay." he looked down at his handy work the cloth already tenting red "for now anyway"

"Thank you." he nodded getting up to leave "No really thank you"

Brooklyn being the awkward child he was simply nodded "Welcome" and left.