Epilogue

*one year later*

"Lola, you can put him down," Demi said as she turned and noticed Lola trailing behind because she was trying to carry Buddy in her arms. But Lola shook her head.

"His boots will get wet!" Lola exclaimed, gesturing to the ridiculous rain boots that matched hers on Buddy's paws. Demi shook her head but didn't bother the five year old anymore because when Lola set her mind to something, she stuck it out.

"Okay sweetie, come on we're almost there," Demi said as she looked forward, scanning the line of tombstones for the one that she was looking for. There were fresh flowers already on the grave but Demi still set down the sunflowers that Lola had picked out. Lola finally caught up to her and set Buddy down as she stood next to her aunt.

"Mommy's here?" Lola asked, looking at the tombstone as Demi nodded and wrapped her arms around her tiny frame. Dallas had committed suicide two months after she had gotten out of the hospital, exactly a week after Demi had gotten legal guardianship of Lola. She had been devastated over the news but Demi realized that Dallas had probably been planning to kill herself all along, and that was why she had been so adamant about her getting legal guardianship of Lola. It hadn't made dealing with her death any easier but at least she knew she was able to fulfill her sister's last wishes before she passed away.

"You have anything you want to say to her?" Demi questioned, but Lola shook her head. Even though nearly a year had passed since her death, Lola was still taking it kind of hard. She often woke up in the middle of the night crying about how much she wanted her mommy and Demi felt terrible because she would never see Dallas again. Lola went to see a child psychologist once a week, just because Demi felt like she wasn't doing enough to help her get through her grief, and it seemed to be working but she was still constantly worried about her.

"It's okay, you don't have to. I bet she's just glad you're here," Demi said, kissing her forehead as Lola nodded. Demi really missed her sister. She'd give anything to have her back but she knew it wasn't possible.

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah..." Lola replied, wrapping her arms around Demi so that she would pick her up. Demi grabbed Buddy's leash then began to walk back to the car. Lola's psychologist said that it was good for her to visit Dallas's grave every once in a while but they never stayed for very long. Demi went by herself sometimes too, just to talk to her sister, but she was moving on with her life in the only way that she knew how.

After taking a whole year off from being in the spotlight, she was in a much better place than she had been before. She worked extremely hard on herself and did a lot of soul searching. Having Lola around, permanently, also helped her become the best version of herself possible. It was a daily battle and sometimes she didn't feel like waking up and meditating or going to the gym or even taking care of a five year old, but she realized that it wasn't always just about her. It was about Lola as well. And now she was a much better person for both of them, and they were both much happier.

"Today on the show we have Demi Lovato. After taking a year off she says that she's ready to get back to making music and is planning to release an album this summer. Demi, how are you?" Robin Williams asked as Demi smiled at her.

"I'm doing extremely well, I'm really happy," Demi said.

"That's good. Now you took a year off from your whole career and you kind of disappeared for a while. Can you tell us why?"

"I took a year off because in a year, I dealt with a lot. I had a lot going on and I met with a therapist for a psychiatric evaluation I had to get done and she told me that since I had gone through so much in a year, I should take a year to recover from it. And it made sense so that's exactly what I did."