XX

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Demi, happy birthday to you!" The room full of her closest friends and some of the most popular people in the industry sang as Drake rolled a gigantic cake onto the stage. She clasped her hands together and smiled, closing her eyes to make a wish. She knew that it was cliché but she had everything that she could ever need right now and she didn't want anything else.

Demi opened her eyes and blew the candles out before throwing herself into Drake's arms because this had been his whole idea. He sent her out for the day with his Amex card to get pampered and then he met her for a quick dinner before taking her to her album release party where everyone surprised her. The album was still dropping tonight but now everyone was celebrating her birthday as well.

"Thank you. I don't think you know how happy you make me," Demi whispered into his ear before pecking his lips and then burying her face in the crook of his neck. Words couldn't even explain how happy she was at the moment. She was on a high that wasn't temporary. For once, it felt like this would last forever.

"Look at the screen baby, don't start crying on me now," he chuckled into her ear before she pulled away and looked at the screen where a video montage for her birthday was being projected. She didn't even know where Drake would get these videos and some of these pictures from the amount of work and thought he put into it almost brought her to tears.

"Drake, I lo-"

"Oh my God baby don't stop! Trey don't stop!"

Sean Anderson couldn't even recall when he had become such good friends with Demi. They had met in 2013 when she was on Glee with his ex-fiancée and all he could remember was getting a text from her everyday about what song she had listened to on his new album and why she liked it so much. She listened to a new song each day and sent an in depth summary of what she liked about the song. He found it weird and a little bit annoying but then he began to appreciate her little messages because she was talented and she knew good music when she heard it. And they had been friends ever since.

So watching the light drain from her eyes and the color drain from her face as she watched the video montage of her throughout the year transform into videos of her and Trey doing things that belonged on Pornhub made him want to kill whoever had ruined this day for her. Not only was it her birthday, but it was also her album release party. Who would wanna ruin that?

Demi watched in horror as all of her friends and her colleagues, people who respected her and held her in high regards, watched her get it on with someone else's boyfriend...with Trey. And what made it even worse was that he was there and Mila was standing right next to him with a smirk on her face, even though people's eyes were shifting between him and her, trying to decipher what was going on. Obviously they were both younger in the videos but it didn't matter because Mila and Trey had been together for a while and everyone knew that.

She opened her mouth to say something but what was there to say? She had denied her and Trey for so long...and now here was tangible proof that they did indeed have something going on and they weren't just close friends and she was a hoe for messing with a man with a girlfriend.

Her grip on Drake's arms began to loosen and she tried to wiggle out of his grip but he kept trying to hold onto her, reminding her of his promise to stay by her side but she didn't need that right now. Right now, she needed a first class airline ticket and a private island and some time to sort this mess out, time that she knew she didn't have.

"Let me go," she sobbed, finally pushing him off of her before running off of the stage and bolting to the back where she had dropped her things off. She haphazardly shoved the contents of her bag that had spilled all over the dressing room table back in there and threw it over her shoulder before picking a sleeping Lola up off of the couch and leaving the building through the back door. Max was already waiting for her so she got in and hugged Lola close to her chest before they zoomed away from the impending disaster. Worst birthday party ever.