XXX

Demi played with her hair in the mirror after Clyde had fixed it all up for her. After a few days holed up in her house with Lola and Buddy, she was finally out and about again. Even though being with Alex for those few days had been amazing and he had provided her with an escape that no drug ever could, it was good to be back working and doing things. She was still in the news but the stories about her were beginning to die down and people were starting to not care anymore. Her label didn't like that too much and told her that she needed a "reinvention" to get people talking about her again. So naturally, she changed her hair, started going to the gym more often, and her new single was coming out at the end of the month.

"I think that's some of my best work yet," Clyde said as he patted her shoulder with a smile. It seemed like she had lived the past few years of her life with extensions in her head so she decided to get rid of them all, dye her hair black, and chop it off so that it only reached her shoulders. And she did feel reinvented. She felt better, bolder, and new. The way her bangs sexily covered her usual smoky eyes and the way the cut framed her baby face made her look so much older and more mature. And in a way she was.

"Auntie Demi, your hair!" Lola squealed, attacking Demi while she was sitting in the chair.

"Do you like it?"

"Yes, you look cute!" Demi giggled and picked Lola up, hoping her good mood would remain for the rest of the day. They were going to visit Dallas but she hadn't told Lola that. She missed her sister and she was sure that Lola missed her mother as well, even if she hadn't talked about it.

"You ready to go?" Demi asked as Lola nodded, wrapping her arms around Demi's neck and waving goodbye to Clyde as they left the salon. Since she came back a few days ago Lola had been glued to her hip and she honestly didn't mind. She wasn't sure how much longer Dallas would be in rehab for but she didn't have an issue with taking care of Lola for the time being.

The ride to the treatment center took a few hours and by the time they arrived, Lola was knocked out. Demi picked her up from the backseat and entered the rehab, signing herself in and waiting for one of the nurses to bring Lola to the front.

"Auntie Demi, where we at?" Lola questioned, rubbing her eyes but keeping her head on Demi's shoulder.

"We're visiting someone special, baby," Demi said as Dallas walked up to them. She saw the tears in her eyes and smiled as she turned Lola around so that she was facing her mother.

At first Lola was quiet, like she couldn't believe that Dallas was actually standing in front of her but as soon as Dallas opened her arms, Lola jumped into them and started crying and so did Dallas. Demi smiled as they reunited because she knew that they had both been missing each other. She couldn't wait for Dallas to get better and get out of here.

"I missed you," Lola whimpered as Dallas kissed her cheek and sat down.

"I missed you too. But I'll be out of here soon, okay?" Dallas reassured her as Lola nodded and rested her head on her shoulder.

"I didn't know you were bringing her."

"I thought it'd be a nice little surprise. I know you were both missing each other, and I missed you too," Demi admitted, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"I love your hair. What's been going on with you? Are things better now?"

"I think so. I just wanna focus on myself for a while, ya know? I'm so over guys," Demi said as Dallas giggled.

"You say that now but you've always been boy crazy. It's good you're focusing on yourself though. You deserve to," Dallas responded as Demi nodded. She kept saying that she was just gonna focus on herself but it was harder than it sounded.