XVII

"Your album drops in two weeks, and then the week after that is the MTV Video Music Awards, and we've secured a slot for you to perform at that show, to debut your second single, which is Wanted, if I'm correct," LA explained as he paced around the board room. This was the one label meeting that she could actually bear to attend. They were finalizing everything for her album, making sure that it was absolutely perfect before releasing it. They went over promotion strategies and the events she'd be attending and the interviews that she would have to do to insure that her album shot straight to number one when it was released.

"We basically know all the big names in the industry so we'll be throwing an album listening party for all those people, and then another one for fans, just to get more hype out of this release. Is that good with you?" Apparently she wasn't allowed to have an opinion before, but now that she was connecting with the audience that she was supposed to they were actually asking her how she felt about things.

"It's perfect and it sounds great. I'm so excited!" Demi squealed. After Chris's advice, she realized that she should be proud of this album because it was an amazing album. No one else had the same sound as her right now and no one who was really a household name was releasing music, so the general public was just gonna eat it up. It couldn't be any more perfect.

"We're all excited Demi. This is next level stuff. I don't remember being so pumped about one of my artist's releasing music, if I'm being honest," LA admitted as he sat back down with a wide smile on his face. "I want you to start thinking about your VMA performance. And if that's all then the meeting is dismissed."

Demi wasted no time hopping to her feet, but she made sure to hug LA before she left. Without him, none of this would've happened. Holly was in the foyer with Lola who was playing a coloring game on her iPad, but when she saw Demi she stopped what she was doing and ran over to her.

"How was it?" Holly questioned, and in response Demi just grinned before they left the building. She made sure that Lola was all buckled up and that Holly was safely on her way before heading over to Trey's house. He had left before they even got a chance to talk and Demi didn't care if Mila was with him. They were going to talk today whether he liked it or not.

Not bothering to knock, Demi entered his house and immediately carried Lola into the living room to lay her down since she had to wake her up early to go to her meeting. Coincidentally, Trey was laid out on one of the larger couches playing on his Xbox with tons of junk food surrounding him.

"We don't knock anymore?" He asked as he turned the game down, noticing that Lola was asleep. Demi laid her down, but before she sat down she unplugged the Xbox, causing Trey to groan in protest as he threw the remote down.

"I didn't get to save that!" Trey exclaimed as Demi plopped down next to him and combed her fingers through her hair, staring him down before he finally looked over at her with a roll of his eyes.

"We need to talk about last night...about what was wrong with you and about whatever fight you and Mila had."

"There's nothing to talk about. We fought, I came over to your house, I spent the night, I left before you woke up," Trey responded before taking a sip of his cherry Coke.

"But you came over to my house high as hell which means that you drove like that and you only get high for fun, Trey, not when you're stressed out or whatever. That's how I know there's something seriously wrong. So what is it?" Trey seriously underestimated how well Demi knew him, how well they knew each other.

"She knows about us..." Trey mumbled, but since the house was so quiet, Demi heard him. She nodded her head once before folding her arms over her chest. "Remember those pictures we took when I went to see you in Rio...those drunk pictures and videos and stuff?"