XXIV

Sean and Demi hadn't been close for a while. The only reason that they had become friends was because Naya Rivera, his ex-girlfriend, had introduced the two of them when they worked together on Glee. Of course they ended up breaking up and Demi always found some way to express her dismay towards the end of their relationship because she just "shipped" them so hard. At first, Demi annoyed the fuck out of him and he only hung out with her to make Naya happy. But then Demi actually grew on him. He finally understood what people meant when they said that there was just something that makes you wanna be around her, that attracts you to her, something that makes you fall in love with her.

Sean was in no way in love with Demi because she clearly had a good thing going with Drake who was one of his best friends, but he did genuinely care about her and he just wanted her to be happy. He could tell, even though things had seemed to be getting better, that staying in California didn't make her happy. So when she approached him about getting away, he couldn't say no to her. No one really said no to Demi.

He had invited her to the studio because they were supposed to be collaborating on something similar to a song that he had done with Jhene earlier in the year. Demi came in with a tired look on her face, the bags around her eyes unmistakable and the paleness of her skin alarming since she was always glowing. But today she looked like the walking dead.

"Well shit, did Drake suck the damn life out of your body?" He said that because of the giant hickey on her collarbone. She usually would've laughed along but this time he shot her a glare so he knew that something must've been really wrong. Well...of course something was wrong. Details of her intimate personal life just got exposed.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked but Demi shook her head. She plopped down in the seat next to him and pulled her legs up to her chest. She had a VMAs performance coming up soon but it honestly didn't look like she was up for doing anything except sleeping.

"I don't wanna be here anymore." Her voice was muffled but he still heard her and his eyes widened in alarm.

"Look I know things are tough but killing yourself is not the answer this is gonna pass-"

"Sean, you are a fucking idiot. I'm not gonna kill myself. I just wanna get out of here for a little bit, ya know? Drake thinks things are getting better but this is never going to go away. Ever. I just need some peace and quiet for a while, just to get a clear look at things," she explained after she had picked her head up so that he could clearly hear her. Sean didn't know what to say but he understood where she was coming from. If that was happening to him he would want to get away for a while too.

"I just bought a private jet...where are you trying to go?"

"Somewhere remote and quiet but also kid friendly because I'm taking Lola with me. Just somewhere no one would think to look for me. Do you know any places like that?" Demi asked as Sean thought for a little bit then nodded his head.

"I have the perfect place. I can have my jet ready-"

"After the VMAs. I wanna go after the VMAs. And please don't tell anyone about this Sean. It's just between you and me, okay?" Demi pleaded and Sean nodded his head. Drake was his friend and he wasn't trying to come in between their relationship but if Demi really wanted to disappear, who was he to stop her?

It had been a week since Demi left and Drake still had no clue as to where she could've gone. There were just too many places that she could be but then too many places that she just wouldn't be and he couldn't narrow them down and find a specific place. He had checked at every airport in California to see if she had boarded any but they weren't allowed to give that information out. He couldn't even bribe it out of anyone. It wasn't like he could call the police because Demi clearly wasn't kidnapped and neither was Lola. She willingly left and he really didn't even understand why.