II

Flying from Los Angeles to New York and then back to Los Angeles all in one day was a lot of flying for anyone. Demi had become used to flying all over the place all the time but that didn't make it any less tiring. She was exhausted and the thought of her soft bed with her goose feather pillows and her favorite cashmere blanket embracing her as soon as she got home was what kept her awake on the car ride there. Before buying her house, she had seriously contemplated moving closer to LAX since she was barely at home anyways, and she was cursing herself for not moving closer now.

"Dems, we're here." She had closed her eyes for a brief moment to just take everything in but she had ended up dosing off. She was glad to see the sight of her huge, but lonely, house. It was unlit because she honestly hadn't been there in days and it was probably cold as well. But Wilmer had went out of town for the next week to film his TV show and she didn't even really know or care to know what Trey was doing so she didn't have any choice but to enter her house all by herself.

"Have a good night Demi," Max, her bodyguard, said as Demi just nodded and shot him a tired smile. Max had a little daughter at home that he barely got to see so she was thankful for everything that he did for her, and everything that he protected her from. Using her key, Demi unlocked the doors to her house and pushed them open. She flicked the switch that was next to the door and watched her house light up. It was airy and modern and it was perfect for her. But it just didn't feel like home. It felt like a party house, a vacation house that she only visited when she felt like escaping the reality of what her life actually was.

"Home sweet home," she muttered, dropping her suitcase bag by the door after digging her phone and charger out of it. Jhene had texted her to tell her that she couldn't hang out because she had to go to the studio but Demi had been in the air so she was just now seeing it.

Walking further into her house, she wrapped her arms around herself and stopped in the kitchen to check on the mail that was piling up on the counter. She shifted through the bills and various letters from her label and some fan mail that had somehow found its way to her house. She stopped when she saw a yellow envelope with a stamp that had the number three in it.

Knowing exactly who it was from, she snatched the letter off of the counter and jogged into her living room. She turned on her gas fireplace and threw the letter in there, watching the letter burn up. One day she would have the courage to open one of those letters but today wasn't that day.

As soon as Demi entered her room, she didn't even bother to change her clothes. She plugged her phone up and then collapsed on her bed. She crawled under the covers and let them shield her from the loneliness of her house. There had always been a huge difference to her between being alone and being lonely. Demi liked to be alone. She liked the solitary and the chance to be alone with her thoughts. But the feeling of loneliness was something that she didn't enjoy, something that she didn't welcome. Because though she liked being alone with her thoughts, sometimes they were just too much for her to bear.

"Would you ever do coke?" Demi questioned as she licked the rolled joint that Trey had passed her closed before handing it back to him. Needless to say, her management had decided that she could use what they called a "mercy day" and gave her the day off. That just meant that she would have to work 10x harder for the rest of the week. It annoyed her but she needed a day off more than anything so she had accepted their offer and headed over to Trey's house.

"Coke? Like cocaine? Hell no Demi, what the hell is wrong with you?" He questioned as he lit the end of his joint and deeply inhaled before blowing the smoke out of his mouth in a thick yet misty puff.

"I don't do it. I was just asking because Jhene and I were at this club last weekend and some guys offered it to us. I contemplated it but considering..." Demi trailed off and shook her head, not wanting to get onto that topic. Since she wasn't gonna talk about it, Trey decided to change the subject.