fifteen. unknown bedrooms and unexpected visits

Zoë shifted as the morning sun shines on her face, making it warm and her uncomfortable.

Her eyes squeezed together before they fluttered open, one closing due to the strong rays of sun peeking through the curtains.

And that's when she sat up, furrowing her brows at herself before rubbing at her tired eyes.

Last time she checked, she didn't have cutains in her bedroom, the living room, yes--something she checked to be sure but her living room didn't have a bed--which only meant one thing.

This wasn't her bedroom...which also meant, this wasn't her place.

The girl's eyes widened and she was quick to snatch her phone from the bedside table, checking the time.

As she did so, something hopped onto the zebra printed duvet, causing her to freeze.

Soon, she felt something wet repeatedly touch her arm. When she turned she was met with a small, shaved Pomeranian (they're so cute yall), continuously licking at her skin.

Zoë couldn't help but giggle, reaching for the dog to take it into her arms.

"Where did you come from, cutie?" She cooed at the cognac brown colored pup, bringing a small bark from his mouth, tongue out as it panted.

The girl smiled but she was still in a gray area. She had no idea where she was.

The bed was empty so she couldn't see if she was there with anyone.

The room she was in had a zebra printed theme that didn't give off whose house it could be.

All she knew was they had some funky taste.

So, there she was, sitting in a bed that wasn't her own, alone, and petting someone's dog.

"Cocoa, girl, what is you doing up there? You gon' wake up--Zoë!" The voice of the girl's hairstylist sounded from the room door, causing her to turn to it the exact moment it opens.

And low and behold, it's none other than Toya, or her full first name, Shatoya, smiling down at her in the doorway.

Soon, Cocoa jumped off the bed and raced to her owner, leaving the girl alone on the bed.

The one in the door smiled over at the puzzled looking girl in her guest bed.

"Sleep good, sis?" She asked, flipping her braids over her shoulder once she picked the puppy up like a baby.

Zoë blinked a few times and knotted her brows together, completely confused.

"Uh, yeah. I did."

"Yeah, I can tell with all that slob dried on ya mouth." Toya joked, a chuckle leaving her lips as the girl ran her finger across the side of her chin.

Zoë sucked her teeth and playfully glared at the woman, throwing the duvet over her body.

"Shut up." She said as she tossed a small pillow at the older woman. To which her laughter died off and she bent to pick it up.

"Uh uh, you can't be doing alla'that after I took you in, sister-girl." Toya commented, dramatically rolling her eyes at the girl, placing her dog back on the floor and tossing her pillow back on the bed.

The smaller girl's eyes widened at her words, her mouth slightly dropping.

"Took me in--I'm at your house?"

"Very much so. Had you dropped off at my doorstep like you were them babies being carried by those seagulls." Toya explained, making the girl give her a look, a chuckle escaping both their lips shortly after.