six. lunch breaks and staring competitions

Ashton drove into the familiar car park and unbuckled his seatbelt. He reached to the passenger's and grabbed the bag with the plate of food and then the bouquet of roses.

The boy headed for the double doors, holding it open for a woman with her hands full, a smile on his face as he did so.

He pulled his pair of Ray Bans to the top of his head and scanned the nicely lit office. His eyes found the curly headed girl he was searching for and he started her way.

She was faced the opposite direction so she couldn't see him coming. A dimply grin formed on his face as he held both the bag and the flowers in one hand, the other covering her eyes.

"Guess who?" Ashton teased, hovering over the girl from behind and removing his hand before she could answer.

A smile formed on her lips once she caught sight of those hazel eyes she's come to love.

"Hi, baby." Zoë cooed, pecking the boy on the lips. Ashton gave her an extra one on the nose then backed away to display the dozen of roses.

She beamed as she took them from his large hand.

"Thank you." She gushed, smelling the opening of the plastic wrapped roses.

"You're going on break, right?" He asked, raising the bag of food. Zoë nodded and lead the way to the break room.

"Wow, it's alot quieter in here then at Eric's firm."

"Forreal? It's usually mad loud in here."

"Yeah and I bet most of it is from your loud behind." He said, smacking her bum, gaining a squeal from her. Zoë giggled and playfully swatted at his large hand, opening the door to their breakroom.

"Zo!" Cameron's voice sounded from across the room, causing the girl and then Ashton to look over in his direction.

Ashton felt his smile drop as he rolled his eyes. He couldn't stand her 'overly affectionate' best friend. If it wasn't him being too touchy with his girl, which Zoë came to his defense for everytime and deemed it harmless or 'part of his personality', it was his loud mouth.

The golden haired boy awaited the day he could sock him dead in his mouth.

And it wasn't much different with Cameron. He also rolled his eyes and slugged back into his seat a bit at the sight of her boyfriend.

He always had an off vibe with Ashton, one he tried to shake off the when they first met each other, but the feeling never strayed.

He felt that Ashton didn't like him and was fake whenever he was around him.

So, they but kind of tolerated each other whenever Zoë was around. Other than that, they completely ignored each other.

The girl smiled then bit her lip as she turned to her boyfriend. "Are you okay with it?" She asked, glancing back at her bestfriend then giving her attention back to Ashton.

He smiled then nodded, "Yeah, it's cool. We'll, uh, say hello then eat at the end of the table." He suggested, knotting his brows when he noticed another body next to the loud mouthed boy.

But before he could ask who it was, Zoë had a grip on his wrist and led him to the table.

"Look who came to eat with us from across the street." The girl greeted, hoping to break the ice so they could get to saying 'hello' to each other and they can eat in peace.

Cameron threw on a fake smile, "What's up, Ashton? How's Eric treating you guys?" The honey skinned boy asked, raising his brows as if he was actually interested.