five. old bandages and new interns

"I'm just saying, I can put 'chef' under my resume from the way I cook." Ashton said with a lop-sided smile. Zoë chuckled, undoing her seatbelt and gathering her stuff to step out.

"You play too much. It's only breakfast." Zoë playfully rolled her eyes, opening her door. Ashton felt a certain way about her rolling her eyes, and he's told her many times about it, but he was going to chill for now.

The girl streched over the middle console to kiss the boy. He smiled against her lips then snuck another peck as she backed away.

"Have a nice day at work, baby. I love you." He said, watching as she stepped out the car and bent down to the open window.

"You too and I love you, too." Zoë smiled, giving him a wave and taking a few steps back as he put the car in drive. She watched as he pulled off then turned on her heel to start for the entrance door.

"Morning, Zo." One of her co-workers said as she passed their cubicle. She greeted the girl back and turned a corner.

As she approached her work area, she noticed Cameron was talking to their boss, Andrew. They ceased their talk to smile at the girl as she closed in on the pair.

"Good Morning, Zoë. How are we feeling?" Andrew chirped, clapping his hands together. The girl smiled and nodded.

"Feeling great, sir, thank you." Zoë placed her belongings on her desk and grabbed her headset.

Cameron finished his conversation with the man then headed to her station.

"Zoë boo!"

"Cammy boo!"

The two chuckled and hugged before pulling away. He furrowed his brows at the bandage around her wrist and opened his mouth to speak but she beat him to it.

"So what was that all about?" She nodded in the direction of their boss who had just closed his office door. Cameron twisted to face where she was staring and shrugged.

"Something about an intern fresh out of college coming in today," He paused and sighed as she turned back to face her. "He says I have to train him...well until the modeling campaign." Cameron mumbled, kind of hoping she missed the last few words. But she had and when she did, she knotted her brows in confusion.

"What happens then?" Zoë asked, bringing the headset up to her ears. Cameron grabbed his own and shrugged once again as if what he was about to say would be no deal.

"Well--" The honey toned boy was interrupted by the silence of the work area, something that was unusual since they all loved talking. Zoë followed their gaze and raised her brows at what--who it was.

A young man, maybe early 20's, tall with dark hair came strutting through the doors like he owned the place.

Some of the female assistants sat up straighter in their seat and extended their chest as he passed their way.

Zoë scoffed at their thirst but somehow she could understand.

This guy was handsome. A jawline that could cut through watermelons, eyes that stared holes into your soul, and a nice pair of groomed eyebrows.

However, she wasn't googoo eyed over the boy as it seemed her co-workers were. He was just another attractive guy in the firm, nothing special.

"Ah, Mr. Gilinsky." She heard her boss from behind, raising a brow when the older man walked over to shake the young man's hand.

"Always a pleasure, sir. Hope all is well this morning." Mr. Gilinsky smiled, firmly shaking the man's hand. Her boss nodded and chuckled.

"Of course it is, son. Are we ready to work?"