The one that got away

A/N: So... This happend😅 I saw these two pictures on Instagram:

 This happend😅 I saw these two pictures on Instagram:

And I got inspired for a SwanQueen one shot! Normally I don't really ship SwanQueen, at least not as lovers, but this one time

And I got inspired for a SwanQueen one shot! Normally I don't really ship SwanQueen, at least not as lovers, but this one time.. I did😂
Let me know what you think about this one shot!
I hope you all enjoy! Xo

I stood a few meters behind their table, and the very sight of them together hurt. It hurt a lot. I never dared to admit it, I never told anyone, but I loved Emma. Even when we were fighting, all those years ago, when we'd first met, I already felt something for her. And though I didn't realise it back then, I was falling in love with her.

Over the years that feeling only grew stronger. Every battle, every villian, it only made me feel closer to her. Don't get me wrong; I never fooled myself by thinking I'd ever stand a chance to be good enough for her, to be her girlfriend. But one can dream, right?

But, ofcourse, I wasn't the only one interested in Emma.

First, there was Neal. Henry's father. I don't think Emma ever really loved him after he'd abandoned her, but still, he was there, and his presence was enough to confuse Emma, and for me to back off, because I didn't want to confuse Emma even more than she already was.

Then, we went to Neverland, to fight Peter Pan, and suddenly some pirate started flirting with her. At first she didn't give in, and a little spark of hope started to burn inside of me. But as the days turned into weeks, they only grew closer and closer, and I could see that Emma was falling for him. And with that, that little spark of hope died out just as quickly as it'd started.

And from that moment foward she's never showed interest in anyone else but that pirate. Except for the missing year, ofcourse, but let's not talk about that.

But, even if it isn't with me, she is happy with Killian, and they do make a great couple.. Right? Ofcourse, not as good as we'd make, but still.. He can give her a happy ending, he doesn't have some crazy alter-ego clone running around town, threatening to kill everyone. I guess it's better this way. He can give her so much more than I will ever be able to give her..

So, I think she'll always be the one that got away..