20: Suspense

I had driven myself to the cemetery so I got into my car and sped away to my apartment.  

When I got there I found Jonathan in his room packing.  

When he saw me he smiled, but it didn't quite reach his eyes.  

He looked sad.  

"what's wrong Jonathan?" I asked in a friendly tone.  

This was, after all, the first time I see him truly sad.  

"I need to talk to you" he said patting the spot next to his.  

Somehow my jelly-feeling legs carried me to the bed.  

I was afraid he was going to tell me something like your 'dad had another heart attack' or something along those lines.  

But he jut sighed.  

My anxiety got the best of me.  

"spit it out" I said to him as I noticed the deep frown on his face  

'please have nothing to do with my dad....' I thought to myself. 'or anthony' I silently added after a second.  

He grabbed onto my hand, it was on my lap and clutching my skirt as if my life depended on it.  

"victoria" he said in a sad tone.  

My eyes widened in realization, something similar to this happened once.  

When I was about twenty, and in college a guy dumped me with that same line. I later found of it was because he had cheated on me with a friend.  

My eyes widened as I thought about the previous day, he went out with Megan. 

He cheated on me, although we were never truly together, he gave me that stupid promise ring.  

He made me feel like crap because I didn't wan. To be with him.  

He practically claimed me in front of my family.  

Anger started welling up inside me. But not just anger, sorrow as well.  

I felt sad, that once again, a guy was choosing my sister over me.  

And like always my sister has no problem with it.  

Even now when she's.......  

I slapped Jonathan across the cheek, the noise echoed throughout the apartment.  

I stood up and walked to the door. 

"you cheated on me, with my sister right. That's what you were gonna say" I said with venom in my voice.  

"at her bachelorette party" 

I furrowed my brows in confusion.  

And then it stared to truly sink in.  

This whole time, I've been feeling like crap because I'm in love with my sisters fiancé. This whole time ive felt like shit after kissing anthony.  

All. For. Nothing.  

Because I bet this is not the first time that Megan has cheated on him. She's always done  

this.  

I slapped my self on the cheek as I walked back to my room.  

I closed the door and locked it.  

She's probably had more fun this time in her engagement that she had in College.  

Why didnt I ever think of it.  

My sister has never been faithful in her life.  

Every time she has a boy friend she cheats on them.  

I grabbed my phone and dialed the airport.  

"one ticket to Hawaii!" I almost yelled into the phone.  

I heard clicking on the other end then the woman speaking.  

"I'm sorry ma'm but all flights are booked until tomorrow" she said in a bored tone. 

"what's the earliest time?" I asked her.  

"Six A.M." 

"I'll take it" I said quickly. I have her my Information and hung up soon after.  

The wedding isnt until one, but the flight is five hours long.  

I have two extra hours, but in between well it takes a while to get out of the airport so I have some time.  

I walked to my closet and picked out my clothes for Hawaii. My bathing suit as well, even after I become a wedding crashed, I plan on staying for a couple of days.  

Of course away from my family.  

But I'll need to vent somehow, and after I make a fool of myself during the wedding. Well, I need to calm down after that.  

Eventually, I decided on a black dress, it was nice yet still formal. Wedding formal. So I think I'm safe.  

but by tomorrow I'm going to be hated by my family. Is that worth it.  

I don't know, but I have more than enough time to go.  

*** 

"the plane will be arriving soon. So please buckle your seat belts."  

"can I come" 

Cindy, a girl who I sat next to on the flight, and a girl I just poured my heart out, said to me.  

I smiled at her adorable smile.  

"ok" I said smiling back at her.  

She smiled "it's at one right?" she asked.  

I nodded and she clapped her hands together  

"great! We have to make you look beautiful." 

"ok" I Said nervously.  

After the plane landed we grabbed our things and went to the hotel were I had reservations.  

After we arrived at my room I looked at the clock.  

"it starts in half an hour!" I said. My nerves were killing me. I felt so nervous.  

"it's ok to be fashionably late if your the wedding crashed" she said in an amused tone.  

I chuckled and sat down on my bed.  

"ok, do you know what your going to wear?" 

I pulled out the black dress from my suit case and showed it too her.  

Her face became serious.  

"your going to wear black to a wedding, that's like wearing white to a funeral" 

I chuckled. "actually some religions make you wear white, they think wearing black to a funeral is wrong." 

Cindy sighed. "let me see the rest of your clothes." 

She said white going trough all if my clothes.  

"gosh" she said sighing again.  

She walked over to her suit case and pulled out a knee length wavy white dress.  

"here, wear this" she said while smiling at me.  

It had thin straps, but it didn't expose much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

be happy you guys, i had my finals today and while i had extra time i decided to write this. 

i think it came out ok, but i dont feel that happy about it.

anyways.

vote and coment.

i have like one or two more chapters until this story is over :D