8: My Arrival

"good job dad. See you do remember how to golf" I told my father enthusiastically.  

He simply smiled. "I'm glad were doing this today. At times it seems like you have no time for me. " he says sadly.  

I look at him with a serious expression " dad, I will never be to busy to spend time with you. It's mom and Megan I can't stand. But I love you, and if you ever want to go out just tell me I will always have time for you."  

He smiles as he hits the golf ball. " I hope so"  

*** 

"what to take?". I tell myself as I begin packing for my business trip.  

I've packed a couple bathing suits, business suits, and casual clothes, but I feel like I'm forgetting something.  

I give up and close my suitcase. Then I roll it to my living room, I grab my bad from my bed and walk out with my suitcase.  

"to the airport. " I tell Hugo As he loads my luggage.  

"ok Ms. Allen" he says.

I smile and sit in the car ,waiting.  

When we get to the airport Hugo unloads my luggage, I take out my wallet and give it him his pay check.  

"here is this weeks pay. " I tell him handing him the check.  

His eyes betray his expression. " but Ms.Allen you payed me for the weekend. I'm not going to work. " 

I smiled and began walking away, " have a Nice payed weekend" I tell him happily.  

He grins and gets in the car. I walk to the airport and give them my tickets and luggage.  

I walked into the first class seats and sat down on my seat. I had a window seat because I had asked for it. I wanted to see Hawaii as we neared it.  

By sadly after I got into the plane and I fell asleep.  

*** 

"excuse me miss. Were here" someone said tapping me on the shoulder.  

I instantly felt awake as I jerked into a sitting position. 

"We're here." the flight attendant said smiling at me.  

I smiled back "thanks" then I unbuckled my seat belt and walk out.  

I got outside and there was Already a man with a sign that read 'V. Allen' an he had my luggage next to him.  

I smiled warmly, "hello. I'm Victoria " I said happily.  

He smiled "hello Ms. Allen. I an here to take you to your hotel."  

I nodded and followed out to a black car.  

He opened the door, and as I got in he put my luggage in the trunk.  

We drove to the hotel in silence, I suddenly missed Hugo. I liked having a driver, I liked talking to him when he drove. He would tell me stories of his life, or we would just talk. either way we talked about a lot of things.  

Driving with someone who wasn't my driver made me feel uncomfortable, I knew Hugo was qualified to drive. What if this driver wasn't.  

I don't know, maybe I'm just paranoid.  

I got to he hotel and waited until he opened my door. I waited until he gave me my luggage before thanking him and walking into the hotel.  

"I have a note for you" he said giving me and envelope and walking back to the car, and driving away.