Chapter 13: The Carnival, the Secret, and Kryptonite

Hi People! Before you start I want to tell you that this chapter is in Jace’s POV so please excuse the mushiness. After all, I don’t know what goes on in a guys brain, let alone a were- whoops! Ignore that!

I hope you like it!

Chapter 13:

(Jace’s Point of View)

Brown and green. A perfect concoction of the colors I love. The colors of the forest. The color of her eyes.

Pink. The color of the sunset she loves to watch. The color of her cheeks when I hold her. The color of her lips.

She was perfect in everyway.

I was blinded. She was everything I saw.

The moment in the forest opened my eyes. It opened my eyes to how good the world was. To how nice the fates were.

My cold heart stopped, and my senses breathed her in.

I had been attacked again by another one of my kind. It was dangerous. I was dangerous, so I stayed away from civilization.

I was fine with staying away, but when my kitten came, nothing could keep me away.

Holding her, touching her, being with her fed me life, gave me a reason to live.

That’s why I was so rash. I ran away from her like a weakling. I was devastated.

She loved another.

As girlish as I sound, I felt as if there was no reason to live.

And there wasn’t.

She was my reason to come back. To come back to my human self. She was the reason I woke up in the morning.

She was my kryptonite.

She could make me, a person who didn’t care about any one anymore, love. She made me smile, laugh, live.

I was so angry, so desperate to make sense of what to do.

I was blinded by it. My vision only saw her…….with another. I ignored everyone and it’s what I regret the most.

I should have stayed strong. I ended up hurting my kitten, again.

It was something I seemed to be doing a lot, and it killed me inside.

I decided to start new. I wanted to become like a human again and lose my animosity. It was difficult to do, and I didn’t control it when it came to my kitten’s safety…..or my jealousy.

The day at the mall had my blood boiling even now.

I would have killed them if I could. I would have killed them for looking at my innocent mate with those lustful looks. I would have killed them for tainting my kitten’s life with crude remarks, for embarrassing her.

The look she sent me had me turning, though. She looked up at me with trust. Something that I hadn’t had the privilege of seeing in such a long time.

I couldn’t be the animal I was with her. She shouldn’t see my true self. It would only hurt her more, but I had no choice.

I had to tell her at some point but not now.

For now, I was enjoying love. The stupid, crazy, blissful feeling of knowing she was in my warms. She was mine for now.

Everything second spent with her taught me new things.

She would crinkle her nose when she disagreed with something. She would wring her hands when she was nervous. She would blush whenever I would hold her.