Chapter 7: The Whisper, The Heartbreak, and The Hair

Hi! Please Comment and Vote!

Chapter 7:

As I walked up the uneven, cracked sidewalk, I felt odd. It was like I was being watched. I waited on the steps of Noah’s pre-school and looked around. Everything seemed in place. There were parents glaring at me and shaking their heads disapprovingly. I felt uncomfortable though. I shook the thought off as Noah came bounding out of the school.

            He jumped into my arms and hugged me tight. As always, he told me about his day, but my mind was somewhere else. I could still feel Jace’s arms around me, and I could still feel the tingly feeling I got when I was next to him. I could smell his woodsy, fresh scent. I felt completely relaxed in his arms and didn’t even think about Kaitlin’s threat.

It didn’t cross my mind until I turned back. Why was she smirking about? Would he really do something that bad to me? Would I even care? After all, I already had a bad and almost non-existent reputation. What did I have to lose?

The next day

I was walking up to the front doors when I noticed the looks. The girls looked at me with the jealousy and anger. I turned around to see the trouble and saw Jace. My heart sped up at the sight of him, and I got the same feeling that I always had around him. I felt comforted, safe, and …. Something I couldn’t name yet.

I saw him walk toward and quickly looked away. He was wearing a navy blue shirt and dark jeans. He had no coat on, so you could see his perfect muscles stretch his shirt. He looked so effortlessly beautiful.

            “Hey,” he said slightly out of breath. “Can I…..,” he gestured toward my bag. I blushed before nodding. He, like always, took my hand as well.

As more and more people entered the school, we received more looks. The girls, as always, seemed angry, disappointed, and had a green tint. (AN: Jealousy) What surprised me were the looks on the boys faces. They had angry and jealous faces as well. Some of them even sent me smiles as I walked by. Others sent lustful looks toward my way, and confused, I looked behind me to see no one.

Jace seemed to notice the boys looks and growled loudly at all of them. He let go of my hand and moved his arm around my waist.

Was it even possible for my heart to beat this fast?

Jace walked me to my locker, which he must have remembered from my schedule sheet. He leaned against the locker next to mine and watched me switch things from my locker into my backpack. Several girls walked by and giggled while smiling toward him. To which he responded by grabbing my hand, and, of course, I blushed. Who knew someone could blush this much?

Once I was finished, he placed his arm around my waist again and walked me to my first period class.

            “How was your day yesterday?” he asked once we were near the classroom.

            “Good, I guess. Nothing special. What about you?” I asked.

            “Good.” He answered back. Then, I remembered the hug and blushed. He seemed to remember our hug before answering again. “Great. Amazing actually,” He said seeing my blush. He sent me a wink when seeing my cheeks grow darker.

            We seemed to get locked in a intense gaze afterward. Sparks were flying and electricity hummed between us. My head was tilted completely up because of his height, but that didn’t see to affect anything. Warmth surged off of him, and I felt the need to wrap my arms around his torso into a hug.