Twelve

The moment the two stepped into the room, Majo jumped up.
"Shai!" She ran, almost flew over to him, and hugged him tight, his quills were stabbing her arms, but it didn't look like she cared. Shai surprisingly hugged her back, and they embraced for about 30 seconds, before she pulled away. "You're alive?" She gasped, holding his face in her hands. "Oh you cruel man, I've looked for you forever. Why are you a child?"
Wait, man?! Chihiro thought.
"Too suspicious. I'm so sorry I never reached you. You have no idea how excited I was when I heard that a witch was visiting..." As he spoke, Shai grew in height, his features were more defined, broader shoulders, deeper voice. He was now the same size as Majo. She laughed,
"I am no witch, you rodent." She gave him a short kiss, then turned to look and Lin and Chihiro, who at the moment were staring in shock. Shai realised that the others existed after that, and he turned bright red and hid behind her.
"YOU KNOW EACH OTHER?!" The two both exclaimed in unison. She nodded.
"Shai is of my forest, yes." Her accent switched to French.
"But you kissed!" Chihiro was looking back and fourth between the two as Lin said this. Now it was Majo's turn to blush, and instead of words she just nodded. Shai walked out from behind her.
"I-I was taken by spirits seeking vengeance on her, in order to lure Majo into a trap. I escaped, a-and she eliminated them but.. I couldn't find my way back and eventually wandered here..." He looked over to her with an apologetic look, then continued. "Spirits like me are known to cause trouble, so I-I thought being a child would make me less suspicious..."
"Ugh... This day has been insane..." Lin fell to the floor and groaned, holding her head. "I need a good bowl of rice and bath for this one."
She looked between the two. "You two have a lot of explaining to do." From her place on the floor, she looked up at Chihiro with one open eye.
"Leave them alone with each other for a while, obviously they need to time to catch up." She looked down.
"Very funny."
"What? Besides, I wanna talk to you for minute. Something's come up."
She looked to the two across from her for permission, but they were already sat down and talking, extremely close to each other. "Guess that's a yes... C'mon Lin, let's go."
She got up, and they walked out the door.
Shai lowered his voice to a whisper. "She has it, you know that don't you? I've seen her use it." He glanced over to the shadows fading away through the door. Majo put her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes, his arms wrapping around her.
"I know."