Four

Chihiro, filled with coincidence and determination, stepped onto the bridge leading to the bathhouse. Spirits stared at her oddly, and even considered confronting the girl. She paid no mind to them, and instead took in the light and welcoming atmosphere that was the realm of the spirits.

"Welcome, welcome, welcome back!" Chanted the people up front, welcoming everyone into the house. Chihiro recognised one of them, and called out his name.

"Aogaeru!"

"Huh? Who said that?" The small frog searched the crowd, and found Chihiro waving and running at him in the crowd.

"Aogaeru! It's so great to see you again!"

"A human? How- Wait... how do you know my name?"

A mischievous smile crept across her face "Oh, you don't remember me? Hmmmm, let me think.... Small, brown hair in a ponytail, red bathhouse uniform, human, and likes to help river gods redeem their freedom by telling them their name. Sound familiar?

The words ran through the spirits mind, and then suddenly, he remembered.

"SEN?" Chihiro's smile grew even larger, and she rapidly nodded her head. "SEN! It's you!" The frog leaped up and hugged the human, and she hugged him back, tears of joy forming in her eyes once more. "Oh, it's so good to see you again! And look how big you've grown! HEY EVERYONE, SEN IS BACK!" Heads turned, and people ran to her, now free of Aogaeru's clutches.

"Sen? She's back?" "Buy how'd she get through" "Oh my god, Sen!" "Sen's back!" "Sen's back!"

"Come on, Lin's gonna be so happy to see you!"

"What about Haku? Is he here?"

"He'll be back tomorrow, now come on! Everyone will be so excited!"
Chihiro was dragged through the endless sea of people by the small frog, until they stopped at a small corner on a higher up level. It had traditional sliding paper doors and an entryway to a large balcony. They were connected by a small hallway running through it. "This is Lin's new room. She just recently received a promotion but, she still is someone who gives bathes" Chihiro paused for a moment, and Aogaeru sensed her hesitation. "Don't worry about it, just say hi!" And with that, the girl was shoved into the room where Lin sat on the floor, folding clothes. When she heard her door open however, she turned and looked to see who was there. Upon seeing her dark brown eyes, she gasped.

"I um... Hi, Lin"

"Sen!" The spirit lunged at Chihiro, wrapping her arms around the shocked human. " How did you even get here? Don't answer that. But... How did you not forget about this place? Don't answer that."

"W-well I... It's a long story." She replied, freeing herself from the woman's deadly grasp.

"I don't have time for long stories! Can't you just, sum it up in a few words or so? AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE FROG LEGS?! Shouldn't you be out front greeting customers with that endless rant of yours? Don't answer that. Now shoo!" Lin made a brushing motion with her hands and put on a threatening glare.

"Y-yes sir. Er- yes Ma'am" Aogaeru shakily said, and hopped off.

"What a dope." Suddenly, Lin grabbed Chihiro and pulled her down to sit with her on the unfolded laundry. Even from this far away she could smell the bamboo flooring of the room. Blue moonlight shined in from the open window. "So." She said, leaning in towards Chihiro with a smug grin on her face. "How has it been?"

"I.. Don't know what you mean by that.."

"Ha, DUH! Life in the human world! Did you make any friends? Do you have any crushes? Can I meet one of them? Huh? Huh?"

"U-um.." She tilted her head back slightly and looked to the side, trying to think if a good answer. The truth is, Chihiro never met, anyone since the time she moved. Everyone though she was just this weird silent girl with a knack for painting and character design. She blamed that for her endless ranting about the Spirit Realm. Granted, she always made sure to tell them it was made up. Chihiro didn't want to be put into a mental facility or something just for the truth.

"Well?" Lin said curiously

"I..... Don't have anything for you. I just kinda.... Stayed alone. Heh.."

"Oh. Well that's no fun." The two Sat in silence for a while, watching the train go by and starring at the moon. This watching and starring seemed to go on forever, until a sharp gasp escaped from Lin's mouth.

"Huh? What is it?"

"We have to get you to Yubaba! There's no way she'll let you stay here unemployed!"

"Wait, what?" Lin jumped off the floor, and grabbed hold of the squirming human.

"Hold on!" Lin warned. She started running at full speed towards the balcony, throwing Chihiro onto her back.

"WAIT! Nononono-"

"HA HA!" Lin laughed, just as she left the edge of the balcony.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!" Chihiro screamed, the two were free falling down from the platform. The wind rushed up underneath the screaming girl and smiling spirit as they plummeted down to the ground. Just then, Chihiro felt feathers underneath her. She opened her tightly shut eyes, and saw that she was no longer falling. She was atop a giant eagle, soaring through the atmosphere. The wind rushed at her, and the eagle let out a blood curling screech. Chihiro heard Lin's voice in her head soon after. It sounded the same, yet deeper. More powerful.

Ha! Like my new form? I knew I could turn into it, I just didn't know how until a few months ago. Haku taught me how to change form. Pretty amazing huh? Guess he wasn't good for nothing after all! Nah, I'm just messing with ya kid. Now, time to get you to Yubaba's office! Lin screeched again, and swooped up towards the top of the bathhouse, Yubaba's office, with Chihiro shrieking the whole way.