Five

Lin flew through an open window and into a hallway. Her strong wings swooped forward in a motion to stop, sending a huge gust of wind down the path. The moment the giant bird's talon met the marble floor, Chihiro jumped off of her back and scrambled to regain her balance. "Don't you EVER do that again!" She gasped, anger in her voice. The bird turned around, and she heard that strong, deep voice in her head again, chuckling.

I'm sorry, it teased, I didn't "know you had a fear of heights." And just like that, there was Lin again. She had transformed back into her human form. If you could call it that. "You know the way, don't you?"

"Yeah. I do." She mumbled, annoyed. Lin nodded her head, and jumped back out the window to fly to her room. She grinned and winked before transforming back into an eagle and flying away. Chihiro was alone. She inhaled, and marched down the hallway with a determined look on her face.
~~Fun Fact: Laziness Loves Time Skips~~
She could hear Yubaba's voice even before she had stepped into her office.
"Ahhhhh. So the tiny little human has come back." She stepped onto the rug and faced the old witch. Chihiro tried to keep her expression neutral, but she knew Yubaba could see straight through her pointless bravado. "So happy to see you again, Sen. Tell me, how old are you now?" Her voice was sarcastic.
"Fourteen, Ma'am." Her voice was quivering.
"So you have manners now," she blew her cigarette smoke in her face, just like the first time she had been in her office. Chihiro had stood up to her before, but she had regained her fear of that woman over the four years she'd been away. "That's new. Well, why have you come back. What is it you want."
"I... I want a job."
"A job?" She laughed. "You are just as pathetic as before. I already know what kind of worker you are. I will not tolerate you letting another thing into my bathhouse!"
"Please! I need a job to stay here, I swear, I won't try to get out of the contract. I'll..I'll even work for free for one day!"
"That is my final answer, no! Rebuilding the damage you caused cost me a fortune! I can't risk it!"
Suddenly, a loud crash came from the right side of Yubaba's desk. It came from a large wooden door, which had been slammed through. Bôh was standing in its place, seeming upset.
"Why is everyone yelling?" He said in his childish voice. The giant baby looked around the office until he spotted Chihiro standing there. "Sen!" He rushed toward her, and gave her a bone crushing hug.
"N-nice to see you too Bôh." She said, her voice barely audible.
"Sw-sweetie pie.. Uh, shouldn't you be sleeping? It's very late." Yubaba said.
"I heard yelling, so I got up. And then I saw Sen! Is she gonna stay mama?"
"A-actually she was just leaving. Weren't you, Sen?"
Chihiro's expression was smug, and she crossed her arms. "Actually, you were just denying me a job. Without one, I won't be able to stay. Sorry Bôh."
Bôh then suddenly was very angry. He turned to Yubaba. "If you make Sen go away I'll cry."
"Ah- but sweetie-"
Bôh started to tear up, his face scrunched up. "I'm.. gonna start crying!" The witch's face was fearful, and she quickly replied.
"I-I was gonna say that Sen got the job! You can have the same one you had before, with Lin. Her previous partner, after you, passed away recently so... that spot's open. Bôh, would you go back to your room now, I'll be there in just a minute." After he left, Yubaba gave her the contract and she singed her name. Making sure she didn't notice though, she tore off a small rectangular pice of paper from the corner, wrote something down, and stashed it away in her pocket. Yubaba collected her name. Then she changed it so it read the name Sen, a sign that Yubaba owned Chihiro now and forever. She left the office.
As she was waking down the long hallway in silence, she reminded herself that if she forgot her name, she would become a slave of Yubaba's forever. Taking out the piece of paper, she punched a hole through it with her finger, unhooked her bare necklace chain, and looped the paper around it so she could read it when she peered down. She did just that. It read,
My name is Chihiro.
That reminder was just in time, too, because she had already felt her real name slowly floating away from her.