One

Chihiro ran along the grass field by her house. It was a windy, yet sunny day. It flew through her long brown hair, as she tried to keep up with the current of the river.

"Ha ha! Come on Haku, Cath me if you can!" She shouted to the crystal water. Mud covered her bare feet, she didn't bother to wear shoes. The trees bordering the forest flowed back and fourth, flower petals and leaves falling off. Chihiro sat down at the bank of the river. She was wearing a baggy blue shirt that went down to her hips, and grey-ish turquoise shorts that went down to just above her knees. She washed her feet in the cool water, and put up her hair so it wouldn't get in her face. The band No-Face, Boh, and Yu-bird gave to me....

"Four years..." She whispered to the river. "Four long years, Haku I'm fourteen now! Will you ever come....?" Sighing, she made a decision. I've made this trip over and over..... but..... maybe this time....? Chihiro got up, walked down the hill towards the tree with the little spirit houses, and followed the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haku had just got back from a mission. Ever since he had got his name back, he was free to leave the bathhouse whenever he pleased. And he did, but soon realized that he had nowhere to go. And what if Chihiro came back? What if he wasn't there? No. He had to stay at the bathhouse. Plus, things had gotten better there. Yubaba had gotten less strict, and the engineers figured out a way to keep the water running, like a waterfall, during the baths, since that worked so well when Chihiro had done it with the polluted river spirit.

"Welcome! Welcome, welcome back!" Repeated the people up front. Haku passed by, and one of them followed. "Ah! Master Haku! I have important news."

"Well, what is it?"

"The Lotus festival is this year, spirits will be coming from all over so, we need all the help we can get."

Haku thought for a moment. The Lotus festival.... we haven't had that in at least a century. Wait, spirits will be coming from all over? "Hold it, you mean that more spirits will be coming? Enough to open the Spirit Gate?"

"Yes, probably! Why do you- ohh! You think Sen will come through again?"

"I wish"

"Master Haku, I may barely know you but you have to let go. No doubt she's forgotten or just brushed it off as a bad dream. Sorry, but I have to go back to greeting the customers. Yubaba will have my head if she sees me just standing here talking." And then he left, going back to the entrance of the bathhouse. Haku quickly navigated through the hustle of the crowd, heading for an outdoor space. He quickly found a small balcony, and changed into a dragon, headed for Yubaba's office.

~~~~~~~~~~~Another Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm back from my mission"

"Yes yes, that's nice and all. But I'm rather busy planning the festival so could you please leave me alone?" Said the old witch at her desk. Her grey hair up in a bun, and wearing the same navy blue dress as usual.

"Yes madame" and he backed out, went to the window, and changed back into a dragon. He was going to try to get back through the barrier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chihiro stepped through the gate, only to find what she had for four years. Just a clearing of trees. She sighed and headed home, it was getting dark. Maybe tomorrow.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haku tried for the millionth time, but it was the same out come as usual. It was like an invisible wall, and whenever he ran at it, it threw him back twice as hard. He tried spell after spell, incantation after incantation, but nothing worked. Only Shai can get through I guess. He went back to the bathhouse. It was growing dark, business would be starting soon.