Chapter 12

Dominic’s arms are around my waist and he’s holding me ever so closely to his body, kissing my neck. A thought occurs to me…

               “Dominic.”

               “Hmm?” He hums against my neck.

               “I think it’s about time you talk to my family.”

               He freezes mid-kiss and I hear a low growl come from within his chest.

               “Why?” He asks, finally looking at me with his eyes narrowed.

               “Because you haven’t even met my parents. Considering what we’ve done, I think you need to at least meet them.”

               He rolls his eyes at me. How childish. He backs away from me and I feel anger start to set in.

               “You know, I believe I’ve done plenty for you. Considering I let you gnaw on me, the least you could do for me is meet my family, it’s important to me.”

               “Is that what you feel it was, me gnawing on you like a fucking animal?” His accent becomes more apparent through his agitation.

               “No, that’s not what I meant.”

               “If I disagree?” He cocks an eyebrow.

               “That’s not an option.”

               “You hold no power over me.” He says, waving his hand dismissively.

               I put on my best pouty face and say, “Pleeease?”

               “Ah! Why are you twenty first century women so aggravating?” He asks, running a hand through his hair in exasperation.

               “So, will you?”

               “Fine.” He groans then mumbles something in Italian under his breath.

               I jump up and down like a child, clapping my hands, earning me a small smile and another eye roll from him. I was nervous about him meeting them, but it had to be done. I wasn’t going to go traipsing around with a man that hadn’t met my parents.

               My family, especially my dad, is too old-fashioned to allow that. His daughter wouldn’t be looked upon as a ‘Jezebel’ on his watch, as he’d say. He always used out-of-date terms to describe the morally wrong discretions of women, which made sense because he was old. Like, really old. I wonder how old?

               Dominic snaps me out of my reverie and I barely caught what he said. “So when do you want me to meet them?”

               “Right now.”

               “Right now?”

               “Is there an echo out here? Yes, right now.”

               I grab his hand and lead him towards the house. I was practically dragging him by the time we reached the steps of the front porch. I jump when I hear the sound of the door slinging open. I look up to see my dad wearing a smile so big I could actually see his… fangs. The sight made my heart drop into the pit of my stomach. I’d only just learned what he was – a vampire. I didn’t expect to see this side of my dad…ever. And yet, here he was, standing in front of me, fangs bared. The sight was terrifying. My eyes meet his, the anger in them betraying his smile. I see a faint ring around the iris of his eyes, glowing the color crimson.