Chapter 4

(A/N: SUPRISE! An early update! :-) My sister, Heather and I felt so inspired by how many reads we got in a week that we finished it for you guys tonight! Please be sure to vote, comment and share! Any suggestions are welcome and if we use one of your suggestions, we'll dedicate the chapter your suggestion is in to you.  We hope you enjoy the chapter as much as we enjoyed writing it.)

Chapter 4

*Sage’s P.O.V.*

               I wonder where the fuck Jade went? I pull out my phone and try to call. Of course she doesn’t answer. Where is Dominic? “Damn it.” I mumble to myself. If he scared her off I’m going to be highly pissed! I feel uneasy as I focus on her to try and find out where she ran off to. It’s hard to concentrate with everybody talking and the loud music that plays over the speakers. I run towards the bathroom where it’s quiet. As I’m running down the hall and pass the storage room, I get a strange feeling. I stop and put my hand on the door and I can see what happened between Jade and Dominic. That bastard! I quicken my pace towards the bathroom. Everything is in slow motion as I think to myself, ‘She doesn’t know who she is yet. He has to take his time.’ He probably doesn’t know that she has no idea what she is.

               I run in the bathroom and close the door. It’s much quieter in here. I concentrate, trying to find her. Ah, she’s heading home. I can feel what she’s feeling. She’s scared. I do just as she did. I run past all of our family and friends out the door and try to find my car. “Shit!” I say out loud. I run back inside and get Tobias’s keys and tell him “We gotta go! Jade is scared and driving home. Something happened between her and Dominic and she doesn’t understand what’s going on.” Without another word, he follows me outside to his car and we speed off to my parent’s house.

               We arrive at the driveway and her car is there. We run inside to find her sitting on the couch. She looks at me with a tear streaked face.

               “Oh sweety.” I say as I run and wrap my arms around her.

               “Sage, what’s happening to me?”

               I just stay quiet as she sobs in my arms. I look up at Tobias as he’s making his way over to us and sits down behind me. I ask Jade, “What happened tonight?”

               “Something happened between me and Dominic.”

               “What?”

               “I let him…we…” She stutters. “We kissed and I let him do things. It made me feel things that I don’t understand. I don’t understand why I even let him do it. I don’t even know him!”

               “Did it feel wrong?”

               “No. That’s the problem. It didn’t feel wrong. I actually….” She looks up at me shyly and whispers, “I actually liked it….a lot.”

               I hug her tightly and say, “It’s going to be alright babe.”

               She gets up with a sigh and says, “I’m going to change into my pajamas.”

*Jade’s P.O.V.*

               I sit on my bed, now in night clothes. Something is different about me.  Somehow I feel different inside and I don’t really understand why. I walk into the living room going to talk to Sage, only she’s not there. Nobody is. As midnight draws closer and the moon rises higher in the night sky, I feel something pulling me towards the woods outside of our house. I walk outside and towards the woods. It’s like I’m in a trance of some sort. My bare feet feel the warm ground and the grass between my toes. I feel at one with my surroundings.