Chapter 6

(A/N This chapter is dedicated to Lana_sky, the author of Drain Me, the #1 book in vampire on Wattpad, who helped inspire us to write this. Also for all the support and encouraging words. Remember to vote, share and comment.)

Chapter 6

               I look at Sage dumbfounded. I notice her look at Dominic’s bare chest as her eyes move down towards his….erection. She cocks an eyebrow and says, “Having fun, are we?” as she thrusts a black duffle bag into my chest and I instinctively grab it. She grabs my arm pushing past Dominic, glancing down again while smirking at him as she says, “That’s nothing to be ashamed about.” She drags me towards a door and says, “We need to talk.”

               I glance back and notice Tobias, my very protective brother in-law, crossing his arms over his broad chest as he walks towards Dominic, looking him up and down as if sizing him up. How does Dominic, who stands over six foot four, look so small in comparison to Tobias?

               Sage catches my attention again by digging her fingers deeper in my arm.

               “Hey! Ease up, man! How did you find me?” I say with anger and panic in my voice.

               She doesn’t bother answering, which frustrates me even more. We reach a door and Sage slings it open, revealing a room that looks like a library. It’s huge with books upon books on multiple shelves and it smells of leather and paper. You know, the typical scent of a library.

               “Listen..” Sage starts while sitting down on a dark red couch, I immediately sit down beside her.

               “You need to know some things before you just go running off with someone you just met.” She says while looking at me disapprovingly.

               “I couldn’t help it! After mom told me that dad wasn’t really my dad….I just couldn’t take it anymore. I had to get out of there.”

               “That gives you a reason to run off with Dominic? I’m sorry but I don’t understand your idiotic logic.”

               “I feel like I can trust him.”

               “You do?”

               “With my life.” I nod in agreement.

               “Do you know how fucking naïve and careless that is, Jade?”

               “I don’t care.”

               “You would care if you knew everything.”

               “Then tell me, please.” I say in a desperate tone. “I know something’s different about him, me and this whole situation but I don’t know what it is. I feel like I have the right to know.”

               “You do, that’s why I came here.”

               “Oh yeah, by the way how did you find me?”

               “The Crone told you I was a seer. I can see and feel you wherever you go. It’s even stronger since we are bonded by blood.”

               “This is so fucked up.”

               “Oh, just wait sister.” She says as she chuckles.

               I give her a questioning look.

               “You are of wolf and witch bloodline. Once you come into your powers, like you have started to, you must do a ceremony with us and the Crone in order to protect yourself and be able to wield your powers without you losing control. This is especially important for you to do considering the wolf in you.” She stops and waits for a reaction from me.