Chapter 11

(A/N We are SO sorry that it took a month to update. We've been very busy with family issues and Stormey has been competing in a writing contest called Nikki's Para-nor-mance Writing Contest. Updates will commense and be weekly from now on. Thank you for your patience!)

I awoke the next day in my room. I look around to see Dominic is nowhere to be found. I notice a piece of paper neatly folded into a square on my side table that had my name and a heart written on it. I pick it up and unfold it.

Good morning, Jade. Sorry I had to leave without telling you.

I have some matters to attend to. Be back soon.

Love,

Dominic

               I look at the time and notice it’s two in the afternoon and I freak out and lunge out of bed, landing on my feet. I trip over the family cat, Gypsy, earning me a hiss and a scratch on the ankle.

               “Ouch! Shit, sorry G.” I say to her while still running to the bathroom to shower.

               I knew Ember would be here soon and I didn’t want to smell like tree bark and Dominic. I smile briefly at the memory of last night. He was a beast, I think to myself and giggle. I strip off a large shirt I assume Dominic put on me before he left. How had I not woken up?

               I jump in the shower and my back stings from scratches left from the tree last night. I ignore it and scrub up quickly. As I get out of the shower I hear a knock at the door.

               “Shit!” I exclaim quietly.

               I wrap the towel around me and walk out of the bathroom to answer the door. When I open it Ember is wearing a huge smile until she looks down at my towel.

               “Oh, did I interrupt something?” She asks behind a small laugh.

               “No, come in. You can come to my room and I’ll get dressed in the bathroom.”

               She warily walks slowly into the house and looks around, staring at family portraits with admiration and sadness in her eyes. I feel a twinge of sympathy for her because I knew she’d never known what a true family was.

               “So, do you ever talk to Brock?” I ask, going through my drawers for something to wear.

               “Unfortunately.” She says flatly, sitting down on my bed and crossing her legs.

               I didn’t respond because I, for once in my life, didn’t have anything to say. I grab a pair of green sweatpants along with a white t-shirt.

               “I’ll be back.” I say, looking at her looking around my room and a little panic shoots through me. “Um, don’t touch anything.”

               “No problem!” She chirps and I nod at her, going to get dressed in the bathroom.

               I close the door behind me and sigh in relief. Being around her made me tense and uneasy but I didn’t think she’d hurt me. Maybe it was because we shared the same biological father? I quickly get dressed and return to my room where she’s still sitting on the bed, it seems like she hasn’t moved a muscle in my absence.

               “Nervous?” I ask, noticing her glazed over look.

               “Huh? Oh, yes. It’s not every day a girl meets her long lost sister.”