Chapter 8

Chapter 8

               As I awaken I reach across the bed to feel for Dominic. Instead, I feel a boob and my hand being slapped away. My eyes pop open and Sage is staring at me, smiling.

               “So, did ya have fun last night?” She says with amusement in her voice.

               “Uh, what do you mean?” I act as if I don’t know what she’s talking about.

               She lightly pops me on the face, “Don’t play stupid. Not only can I hear your thoughts, but I heard you clear across to where we were staying last night. I think it’s safe to say that we were about a football field away from you guys. Besides, this is Dominic’s room, right?”

               “I can smell him all over you.” I look over at the door and I see Tobias with a look of disgust on his face. “I don’t trust him and neither should you.”

               “You’re just jealous because our love is stronger than yours and Sage’s! Why are you trying to ruin my life?” I yell at him.

               I look over at Sage as she starts to laugh. She looks at me and cocks an eyebrow and says, “Hmm, okay.”

               “We don’t have to ruin your life. You’re doing a great job of that all on your own.” Tobias states firmly.

               “Oh, should I be more like you and Sage and stay in bum-fucked Arkansas? Would that suit your fancy better?” I spit bitterly.

               “Ok, that’s enough, Jade. You don’t understand what you’re talking about.” Sage finally speaks up.

               “Oh yes, the all mighty Sage knows everything. Poor little Jade knows nothing. Is that what this is about? Well, fuck you!” I scream at her.

               I feel a gust of cold wind as Tobias grabs my face and leans his face down to mine. Fear courses through my body as I see nothing but anger behind his eyes.

               “You don’t speak to your sister that way, young lady! Your precious Dominic violated you before you could come into your own. He took advantage of a scared little girl. That’s just what you are, Jade, a scared little girl who has no fucking idea what’s going on around her. Your sisters and mother was trying to tell you but you wouldn’t listen. Instead, you acted like an irrational child and ran off to Italy with some mentally grotesque monster that you have no idea who he is or what he’s capable of. Now, we’re going home and you are coming with us. Do you understand me?!” He yells at me causing tears to run down my face.

               He doesn’t wait for me to respond and releasing my face he walks out of the room and Sage follows suit. I hear him yell at me from down the hall, “Our plane leaves in two hours. Your ass better be ready or I’ll drag you kicking and screaming. Your choice.”

               Damn, he’s pissed. I’ve never seen him so angry before in my entire life. I angrily wipe my tears and start packing my stuff.

               As I’m packing I can’t help it as more tears roll down my face. They’re tearing me away from the only thing that has felt so right in my life. Dominic seems so loving and caring. I feel, no, I know I can trust him with my life. Sage and Tobias don’t understand what I’m going through or how I feel.

               I think back to when I first seen him at Bruja’s. I knew he was going to be mine and I his. I was scared then and I ran. But I don’t want to run anymore. I know I belong with him. I don’t understand why Tobias thinks he’s such a monster. The Dominic I seen proved him wrong.