|6.| twizzlers and popcorn

-

Nora put the car in park and Devon instantly sighed. "Do I have to go in? Lindsey is here, that's her car." He says, facing towards Nora.

She nodded, "You have to, sorry to say."

"Do I really, though? Like it's not as if my life depends on it." He claims, simply not wanting to face her.

Last time he was face to face with her, he was buried deep inside her. It still bothered him that he could mostly only think about Nora and what she was doing, hell, he'd rather had pictured it was her he was having sex with than simply her being on his mind.

"No, but your job does." She says, squeezing his arm reassuringly. Devon sighed over-dramatically once again, finally opening the door.

"Alright." He says as he gets out. "When I get home, we're shooting zombies all night." He says and Nora chuckled.

"Okay, Rust Man." She jokes. He smiled and finally walked into the movie theater he worked at. He got through the doors, heading towards the back room.

"Hey, babe." He heard, which could only be from Lindsey. Sure enough, he turned around and saw her standing there. "Hi." He replied simply.

He clocked in, ignoring her slight scoff.

"What's wrong?" She asked, sounding confused. He turned around shrugging. "Nothing." He says.

Devon walked past her and headed behind the counter. There was a few early bird customers, Devon decided to try and make himself busy. He was going to be there for a little while, alone with Lindsey and one other person, so he was going to try and make the best of it.

He filled popcorn buckets, made drinks, and prepared nachos. He really wished this slight rush wouldn't stop once the next movie started, but he knew better. The movie times usually begun around the same time and not many people came out after that unless they wanted a refill.

That's why him and Lindsey were able to sneak away.

He sighed as he served the last family, telling them to enjoy their movie. He saw them give his coworker, Richard, their tickets and then they went in the theatre.

"Can I have one small popcorn and some twizzlers please?" He hears a familiar voice say. He turned his attention forwards rather than to the theatre's and saw Nora.

A small smile spread across his face. "What are you doing here?" He asked and she shrugged.

"You really didn't want to be here so I figured I'd catch a movie with you." She says, holding up the movie ticket in her hands.

Devon laughed, "You're the best, Nora." He says sincerely, turning to make her popcorn.

He put it on the counter along with the licorice and left from behind the counter. "I didn't pay." Nora says, grabbing the food.

"It's on the house now come on." He says, waving her over. She sighed and followed Devon.

She handed her ticket to Richard, him tearing it in half. "It's right here behind me." He says with a polite smile, pointing to the theatre directly behind him. "Thank you." She says.

"This is Nora, by the way." Devon says quickly, introducing them. Richard's face then lights up, "He's told me a lot about you, it's nice to finally meet you." He says. He was going to reach out for her hand, but noticed they were filled with snacks.

"You too." She says with a smile. Devon hardly mentioned him, she didn't know how he knew so much about her.

Without another word, they went into the empty theatre and looked for a seat.