CHAPTER :12 FRESH FACE

Recap:

This came to be a big but a pleasant surprise for the entire family and Raj himself.

*********
After coming from the dinner Nandini and Navya went to their small balcony to have a girl time .Nandini and Navya always made sure that at least they would take out an hour for themselves from their hectic schedule to chill and talk their heart out . Navya and Nandini both seemed off guards today, though the treat had lightened their heart a bit but still a few things bothered them. 

" Navya do you think we should carry on with the plan ? I think it's will crush many hearts including my family's .",Nandini turned towards the railing looking towards the sky, to confused to admire the beauty of the nature.

" I understand your concerns, Nandini, even I have doubts but I think there is more to the story, why would childhood friends turned lovers, just breakup without any closure."

"I don't know what to do."

"You need to sleep, Nandini."

The next morning Nandini arrived a little early at the office, keeping in mind the tiff she had with Manik. She knew she was wrong, she shouldn't have heard any conversation that didn't concern her but she was still angry at Manik's behavior. 

"What is happening? I just need to get hold of this situation and I can't get emotion attached to this. I can't tolerate heart breaks." Nandini wondered.

"I need to keep my anger in check, yesterday that poor manager became a victim of it. I need to get Nyonika out of my brain and start working. I need the this upcoming project to be perfect.",Manik thought while asking his assistant to ask Nandini to join him in his office. 

In the mean time Rahul got a call from a very important client for an urgent meeting. He immediately informed Manik. Nandini was rushed into Manik's cabin minutes after the news of the meeting. She was quickly informed about the details and about her role in the project.

"Nandini tell me about the progress of Maheshwari's project, they will be here any minute.", Manik asked while furiously typing on his laptop. "I have been working on it but I was not told about this meeting,I have not prepared the presentation.", Nandini kept the files on the desk and sighed.

"Ms. Murthy! I have already told you that this project is really important for us and I will not let anyone spoil it , You are not looking over the finances but handling the entire project. They needed a fresh face, you are a fresh face." Manik scolded. 

"I get that this is your important project but you just can't judge me like that. I was not informed about this meeting or else I would have made the presentation. I have all the information in the files, if you help me we can do it in a few minutes. So shall we?"

Manik pulled an executives chair for her gesturing her to sit and she obeyed.

" Sir, there is a mistake here, it's 2010 not 2009."Nandini leaned a little and pointed towards the screen. "Where? I can't see.", Manik leaned closer. Manik locked eyes with Nandini and kept staring at her, just admiring her, he was stunned. She was simply beautiful and up-close she was surreal. He knew she wasn't doing anything but her work but it seemed to have captured his attention.

"Mr. Malhotra, sir, MANIK ! Where are you lost ?" Nandini gently shook Manik out of his trance."Nowhere. Have you corrected the error?". Nandini replied in affirmation.

They completed the presentation and discussed about the last minute details, when Rahul informed them  about Maheshwari's arrival, the client's arrival.

All of them gathered in the conference room on the second floor. Manik pushed Nandini towards the podium gesturing her to start the presentation. With little hesitation walked behind the podium and walked the client through the entire proposal.

" Well! Dad was right you guys are our best option." Shantanu Maheshwari got up from his chair and shook hands with Manik and shared a quick nod with Nandini." Who is this young woman? Good to see a beautiful face around here."

"Nandini Murthy, Sir, the new finance manager and the head of this project alongside Mr. Malhotra." Nandini was quick to answer.

"Lets go inside my office and discuss the final contract." Manik gestured towards the door." Nandini go home, you did a good job."

"The most angry person is the most hurt , you just need to look through his eyes and you will get to know about the thousand unshed tears .Friends are those pillars of life,which will get all the damage but won't let the building break ."

********

Please leave your feedbacks guys.

Until next time

love you
See Ya
By K