CHAPTER:09 MISSION STARTS

(Edited and rewritten)

Recap:

" Maybe there is something else, maybe its none to theirs fault." Nandini thought and went back inside and fell into a dreamless sleep.

*************

Finally it was 'The Day' , both the girls dressed in their formal pants and blouse, readied themselves for whatever was coming their way.  

They made their way to the office in their newly bought car, they had been saving for it since their first year in college. Soon they reach a huge building with a big sign saying " Malhotra Industries". Malhotra Industries was one of the biggest corporate in India and was spreading its branches all over the world.

"Hey Navya! are you all set for today?" Nandini questioned while stuffing her folders in her handbag and placing coffee in front of her.

" Yeah of course ! I did everything yesterday, when you were whining about the house." Navya taunted while grabbing the car keys and a her small tiffin for office.

"Do you wanna get late for office on the first day itself? Move your ass and let's get going ." Nandini hurried past the door and tapped her foot in hurry in the direction of Navya .

Navya shook her head in negation and ran towards the car , letting Nandini lock the house and both of them finally headed towards their destination.

------------

"Nyonika, why the hell are you here and what do you want ? Are you not done with your drama yet that you have again come here." Manik angrily spat while running his hands through his hair.

" If you have already forgotten, I'm your mother and Malhotra mansion, this house, belongs to me too. So, if you don't mind I'd like to have my coffee with some peace." Nyonika answered in a mockingly calm voice.

" Whatever! Just tell me what you want, I can't bare seeing your face this early in the morning."

" Sign these papers and give them to your father, they need to be submitted by tonight. I have to leave for New York for a meeting." Nyonika threw the papers on the coffee table and got up, only to be stopped by the sound of claps.

" Wow! All of a sudden you need 50 lakhs. Where has the money gone from your account ? I bet this is to treat one of your boy-toys or some shopping spree." Manik eyed her and chuckled and left for work. Nyonika stopped her foot and gestured the butler to put her luggage in the car.

----------

"Ayyiyapa  !  Please help me. This stupid lift isn't working." Nandini complained while looking at the doors of the lift and stabbing the button for the doors to open.

" I think you need to calm down and stop stabbing the  button, Look the lifts here."

" Thank you for the information Mr. Malhotra." Nandini added sarcastically.

" You're welcome Ms Murthy." Manik nodded while giving a small smirk.

Soon they stepped out of the elevator onto their floor. Nandini looked around for a familiar face she met while she was here for the interview, Rahul, Manik's P.A. As soon as she spotted him, she made a beeline towards him.

After a quick introduction and greetings, he took her to her cabin and told her about the previous and ongoing assignments and projects. He also briefed her about a few projects that were going to start soon. 

After Rahul left, Nandini looked around her cabin awestruck and excited like a three year old girl in a tutu. 20 minutes before the lunch break , she was called into Manik's cabin.