CHAPTER : 06 GOSSIP GIRLS

(Edited)
******
Recap:
Both the girls giggled and pounced on the 50 years old man, the head of the house, Nandini's dad, Yash Murthy.

Nandini and Navya drove to the nearby mall to buy basic necessities for the house.

"Nandini, you should call Alya and ask her to come to the mall. We really need an extra hand". Navya suggested, looking at their shopping basket and the shopping list which still had things that were to be purchased.

"Already did. She is on her way."

Navya sighed in relief and started looking through the multiple aisles.

"Nandini, I think four chairs would be enough for the dining table, we already have a kitchen island." Navya suggest looking at the array of hundreds of chairs, ranging from wood to plastic.

" I was thinking about placing bar stools around the island and turning the dining table into a normal seating area. We wont be having any guests at home and even if we do , we can always have the sofa and the armchairs. What say?" Nandini critically commented, imagining the living area of the house.

"I'd say that Ms Murthy is being a miser." said Alya, who had just arrived and was listening to the girls debate about the chairs.

"Finally, you came. By looking at the way Nandini is buying things, I can only imagine a house half empty and void of decoration." Navya complained like a child.

" Navya, we are on a budget. We are not even sure that we'd get the job, so we need to spend wisely."

" I can contribute some money, of course you can return it later." Alya offered, hoping she would say yes. Looking at her friend who was raised in riches, examining the prices of goods and saving money, just so she could help her move on, seemed depressing and sad.

" Its not about the money, its about living a normal and independent life, Navya we have lived a life like that back in London and we can live the same way in India too. And Alya don't stress and just help us find good chairs. We need to come back tomorrow for kitchen appliances and other household stuff."

"Okay ma'am." Both Alya and Navya said in unison and followed Nandini.

The ended up buying six beautiful secondhand wooden chair with cushion seats that matched perfectly with their vintage dinning table,

All three of them went back to Murthy Mansion after sending the furniture to the new house and making sure the landlord received them carefully.

--------

They arrived in the house around late in the afternoon, planning to lock themselves in their room and have a movie marathon whilst waiting for the call from Malhotra Industries in the anticipation of getting the job.

"Nandini, I need to talk to you." Sakshi Murthy, her mother said in a serious tone , making a frown appear on the foreheads of the girls.

" Yeah sure, Amma." Both of them went inside the kitchen , while Navya and Alya went inside their room and started setting up for the movie.

" Nandu, Amms was asking if you would like to be a part of her company, she really wants you to be her successor. Nandu, you know that only you have inherited the talent and can keep the family tradition going." Her mother pleaded with sad eyes.

" Amma, you know that I am emotionally unprepared for it, no matter how hard I try, i just cant bring myself to do this. I can't just let those 2 years of my life go. It's like I am trying to bury the past by burying my talent." Nandini hoped that her mother understood her and would let her be.

" Nandu, you are too young to give up on your dreams, just think about it  bacha , for us."

" There is no dream, mom. Everything is just a faded, painful memory, that's it."

Nandini existed the kitchen and hurried upto her bed room. Alya and Navya didn't question her and just let her snuggle up to them.

After 3 movies and a couple of discarded chips bag and ice cream bowls, all three of them fell asleep, only to be woken up buy their phone's ringtone around 7 in the evening.

without looking at the caller ID Nandini picked up her phone and muttered a greeting.

" Hello, May i speak to Ms Nandini Murthy, please." A crisp voice returned her greeting.

" Yes, I am Nandini , who am i speaking to."

"Oh! I am speaking from Malhotra Industries and you have be given the job , congratulations, you are our new Finance Manager." the woman on the other side told with a bored tone.

" What? Are you serious? of course you are serious. Thank you so much. when do i join the company?" Nandini squealed in excited. 

Both Navya and Alya sat up with a sheepish grin.

" You would be joining by this Monday, be at the office by 9 a.m. sharp, you will be introduced to the boss  and assigned your cabins. And yeah, apart from your actual job , you might be asked to contribute in other project, at Malhotra Industries we ask for the best. I need  to calla few more people so I'd like to cut the call. "

The lady cut the call without even waiting for a reply. As soon as Nandini turned around Navya jumped on  Nandini and engulfed her in a tight hug , followed by Alya forming a human pile.

"Holy fudge, this is amazing, Nandini." Navya squealed excitedly, crushing her more.

" Oh god! you two are heavy. I can't breathe." Nandini panted and wriggled out of the heap.

All three of them sat straight and started screaming and happy dancing, suddenly they were disturbed by another phone call apparently someone was trying to reach out to Navya.

Soon Navya hung up and returned back with the biggest grin that could fit her face.

"Presenting you the new treasure of not only Malhotra Industries but also the joint venture of the industries with Dhawan group of companies." Navya curtsied and started laughing.

" Yay, you both got the job, this calls for a celebration. What about watching another season of Gossip Girls and eating  Amms dosas?"

"It's perfect Alya."

They went downstairs and disclosed this happy news to the family, Navya called her parents back in Banaras. She was so happy that she ignored her mother's constant bickering about marriage and celebrated to her heart's content.

" Hidden in the darkness are the stories of silences, that hold the truth and the beauty of the dark."

***********

(1147 WORDS)
Hey! how is it going? hope the new rewrites are better than before.

How is the update ?

Don't forget to vote and comment

Until next time

Love you sweeties

Have a nice day
See ya
By k