CHAPTER:08 TROUBLE AGAIN

(Edited and rewritten)

Recap:

Manik shrugged and went towards the cinema hall and spent the entire time thinking about Nandini, while Alya fidgeted in her seat out of worry.
************

After placing everything in their places and filling the cabinets and drawers with clothes and crockery, Nandini called Alya to enquire about the situation and the leftover stuff. Meanwhile Navya cleaned the area and put a movie for them to watch.

" Hey Alya ! How is it going? Are they still with you? Is everything alright? And is my décor safe ? For heaven's sake speak up Alya."

" Oh my god ! Will you just shut up and let me speak Nandini ?  One question at a time , Please. I'm fine, just a bit headache . By the way Your ..Your house decoriswithManik." Alya muttered in a single breath.

" Can you speak a little slow and clear, Alya?" Alya sighed inwardly.

" I'm sorry Nandini. I left the bags in Manik's car and they are probably at his house right now." Alya slowly answered Nandini, cautiously forming her sentences, checking the waters. All she received was silence.

" But on the positive side I'm sure Manik is just going send his driver with your stuff to my house  soon." Alya tried to reassure her in the best way possible.

"Alya! I don't care how you get the stuff, just get the stuff. This house and all the stuff has costed me half of my savings. You already know Navya is paying for the car. I don't want any trouble, we have enough on our plates already." Nandini tried to keep her calm and not yell at her.

" You know you don't have to do this, I'm over it ."

" Are you really? You haven't dated anyone since your break up, you cant talk to him properly and you say you are over it. Just let me handle this , lets atleast get to know why all that happened. Am i clear."

Alya answered in affirmation and hung up. She grabbed her car keys and pulled her car out of the driveway towards Malhotra Mansion."

-----------

Manik came out of his room after changing into his pajamas and went towards the living room. he sat down on the couch and noticed half a dozen bags kept on the coffee table, he was immediately reminded of who they belonged to. He got up and shuffled through the bags to see its content hoping for some eatables. He saw the bill attached to the bag and saw that it was billed on Ms Nandini Murthy's name instead of Alya Saxena .

While Manik was rampaging through the bags, Alya entered the living room and quickly took the bags from Manik's grip

"Its bad manners to look through someone else's stuff." Alya tried explaining her actions.

"Not when you are pretty much their family and we are a family Alya." Manik explained as if he was  talking to his daughter.

" Yes we are Manik, Fab5 is my life. By the way , you didn't go for dinner with rest of the group?"

" No, I had to go to the office for a meeting." Alya nodded and sat down on the couch next to her and closed her eyes and sighed loudly.

" Sometimes they can be a little overwhelming and tiring." Manik commented seeing Alya's  tired figure.

" Yeah I agree but they love us."

" Stay for dinner, the cook has made pasta, your favourite. Come."

Alya hurriedly stood up from the sofa at the name of food and quickly walked towards the giant dinning table which was enough for a feast of 20 people. Both of them sat opposite to each other, Manik helped Alya with the food and soon enough silence filled the room.

" Alya? I think you got the wrong stuff ."

" What? No, i double checked them , everything was fine Manik. Why do you ask?"

" The bill is named to Ms Nandini Murthy and the payment mode was a debit card so the staff couldn't have got the wrong." Manik raised an eyebrow and questioningly looked at her.

" Oh! actually my card wasn't working, so this girl, very sweet girl offered to pay for my stuff. I got her number , I will send a cheque to her." Alya quickly fabricated a lie and mentally thanked every god for the perfect excuse.

" Oh! the girl is definitely not sweet, she has an attitude and is very arrogant." Manik sneered.

" Have you met her ?" Alya was confused.

"Yeah twice , once at the Airport and then yesterday in the parking lot, and unfortunately she is our new finance manager, god knows if she can do anything except giving me an attitude."

Alya chuckled and finished her food, she grabbed the bags, thanked Manik and rushed to Nandini's house , it was already half past nine and knowing Nandini , she would be raging like a bull.

" I'm so sorry, he stopped me for dinner and I was damn hungry too." Alya barged inside the house, ranting continuously.

Nandini was on the phone with her mother, while Navya was setting up the kitchen and running around the house.

" Hey Alya, mind helping me with this crockery, its too heavy." Navya gestured towards the dinning table which was filled with utensils, books and cleaning products.

Alya kept the bags on the coffee table and picked up a few plated while handing the other cutlery to Navya.

"This lady Hitler has been doing nothing for the past hour, just sitting on that damn sofa and completing the paper work that we don't even need to submit for atleast a few weeks, and even before that she was ordering me around and being a pain in my ass." Navya huffed and complained to Alya while they set the cabinets and dusted the marble counter top.

Nandini entered the kitchen and occupied the bar stool near the kitchen island and sighed.

" Where is the stuff Alya? You took your own sweet time." Nandini sarcastically added.

" Its on the coffee table. At least some of us are doing their jobs , unlike you , who has been a total ass to Navya and is too lazy to set up her own house." Alya retorted back.

Nandini blushed in embarrassment and grabbed the leftover stuff quietly and helped the other two set things up.

 After finishing all the work , they sat down and ate their pizzas and watched some silly sitcom on the television while discussing about organising a little house warming party.

Nandini and Navya bid their farewell to Alya and went to their respective rooms. Nandini went to the terrace to soak in the warmth of the sunset and let her get herself engulfed in her thoughts .

Nandini was very confused about the current situation, Alya and Manik had been best of friends almost all their lives, even though she had never met the gang , she knew from all the stories Alya told her.

" Maybe there is something else, maybe its none to theirs fault." Nandini thought and went back inside and fell into a dreamless sleep.

"Life and love are two things that are inter-dependent, even if one of the two is troublesome then the other one becomes hard to solve."

**********

Hey guys ! How is the update? hopefully this time its better and much more fun to read.

Don't forget to vote and comment. 

Your suggestions and feedbacks are always welcomed.

Until next time

Love you sweeties

See ya
By K