Chapter 1

Coffee sounds so goood right now. Mmmm the sweet smell of Starbucks. One of the best places on earth I reckon. Yeah. I went there,watcha gonna do about it?

"Ow!" I groan, running into the corner of a table. "Oh my god! I didn't mean it okay! Fine it isn't one of the best places on earth!" I scream at my consience. I didn't actually think it was going to hurt me... I was getting weird glances from people around me. I know I'm good looking you don't have to stare... Okay, so maybe it was because I screamed that out loud but I actually don't care. I'm just too cool for these people.

I walked up to the counter seeing the familiar brunette that is Joshua. Okay, so I had a liking to this guy... No not like that! I mean as a friend... What? The kid knew my order... What more could you want? A guy that's really good in bed... Okay, shut up consience. You are not helping right now. If anything, you are being annoying. And don't go ruunning me into anymore tables because remember it's your body you're puncturing. Mmhmm. Some people say I'm a weird one...

"Hee Lucinda! How ya doin'?" He asks as I hand over the money without evem having to tell him what I want.

"I'm great Josh." I smile. "How are you?"

"Not too bad." He shrugs, handing over the correct amount of change. "Working hard."

"Speaking of work, where were you yesterday." I ask him, curiousity getting the better of me.

"Girlfriends birthday. Took her out for the day." He replies, smiling likean idiot as he recalls the events of yesterday.

"Okay, spare me the details." I tell him. "We need to keep it PG here."

"I wasn't going to go into details idiot." He rolls his eyes. "All I''m going to say is that it was a good day."

"Young love." I sigh shaking my head. I step to the side to let the next customer order.

"Hey! I'm older than you missy! You're only nineteen!" He protest, handing the lady her changeand motioningfor the next person to come forward. You'll never guess who it is. Okay, whatever smartass. It wasn't batman. It was in fact Robin! Kidding! It was actually the guy that tried to steal my drink. Trust me, if i wasn't in such a slugish mood yesterday, I so would have karate chopped his sorry arse. Yes, I took karate classes as a kid... I wanted to be the next Jaden Smith. Yeah, I know, I'm fucking awesome!

"I'll have yo know, I am excellent at karate." I tell the hooded figure, crossing my arms over my chest. Like who does he think he is? *Que actor that wears black hoods all the timeto hide his face*. Like seriously, you aren't cool. If you want to see cool, look at mawah.

"That's good to know love." he chuckles. What? How is he not intimidated?

"Yeah, well just remember that before you go stealing my drink again." I tell him, keeping my arms crossed and standing a little straighter.

"I'm guessing you didn't keep my number?" He asks ignoring the fact that I am intimidating as hell. And hell is pretty intimidating...

"Why would I?" I snap back.

"Will you at least have your coffee with me?" He questions.

"No" I answer flatly.

"Please." He pleads.

"Fine." I groan, rolling my eyes and uncrossing my arms. "But seriously, you steal my drink, I will karate chop you with my Jaden Smith skills."

"Okay, okay." He surrenders. Damn right he does.

"The two caramel latte's with extra coffe shots." The barista calls.

I scurry for my drink, wanting to taste the sweet, sweet taste of coffee with just the right tang of caramel to brighten the day. But of course, being Lucy, instead I end up sprawled across the ground like a cat that has just been ran over and a laughing hooded guy standing by our drinks. It's safe to say every pair of eyes areon me. All I can say about the situation is thank god I didn't decide to wear a skirt.