D A Y N I N E T E E N

A/N: Thank you so much for your patience, ily ♡
Gif on top is Ophelia wearing a crown bc she's queen.

A/N: Thank you so much for your patience, ily ♡Gif on top is Ophelia wearing a crown bc she's queen

———

My neck feels like it's on fire.

During the whole tussle with Venus, I didn't even notice that she was trying to choke me (kill is a very strong word and I'm not going to be using it anytime soon)

But moving on.

I stare at the pages of my novel; Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot, without actually really seeing anything. I have my reasons for this.

...Well, actually, I only have one.

"Are you sure you don't want to tell mom and Álvaro?" Vanessa continues staring at me like I'm an alien. "I mean, they aren't cops but mom will definitely turn to a bullet and Álvaro might screw her over. With a screwdriver, of course."

I chuckle lightly. "I'm okay Vanessa. Feels surreal that she actually hates me but...you know. I'm okay."

Vanessa rolls her eyes but nods. "You should do something about it though. You can't just let her get away with it. I mean, I'll respect your wishes but that doesn't mean I have to respect your decisions."

I laugh at her logic. "I love you, Vanessa. You're the best sister someone could ever wish for."

The silence hits me before my words can. My mouth drops open when I realize that I haven't put that word 'step' as a clear distinction.

"I-I mean," I fumble for words, "Best step sister. I don't mean the kind Cinderella had though—"

"Stop being a dork," Vanessa cuts me off. She reaches over to hug me tightly and I freeze because she actually sniffles. Is she crying? "You're the best sister ever too."

Her words make me smile and I let out a laugh before embracing her hard.

———

It's good to know that you have people in your life who care about your well being.