D A Y S E V E N T E E N

a/n: Thank you so much for the general support OMG you guys rock more so than...someone who rocks. Meaning you! (what?)

I love you so much. Almost as much as the gif above :)

Vote, comment, and share? :)

———-

Periods.

The word that is synonymous to a punctuation mark...or is an actual punctuation mark, whatever.

Moving on.

The word that brings groans into the mouths of women and fear into the hearts of men. The word that old ladies with saggy boobs laugh at any time they hear it because they've conquered such a great force that should never be joked with.

A period. Something that I'm not happy to be experiencing during the holy month of Ramadan.

Why is this Paulina? Please elaborate. Periods are normal. It isn't haram.

Yes. It isn't haram. It's a natural, feminine bodily function that is also equal to a hurricane. Just because it involves losing blood and severe cramps and suddenly finding out that you're more flexible than Mr. Fantastic as you become a professional bed gymnast doesn't mean that it's something to hate badly.

But who lied?

When a Muslimah (classic example: me) is on her period, she has to abandon some of her obligatory Islamic duties. Examples of said duties: fasting, praying five times a day, fasting...

You read me right. I can't fast! I can't just finish 30 days of fasting without any interruption. No! I have to pause for three or five days and then commence later before I complete the rest of my 30 days fast after Ramadan by fasting when everyone is eating.

Not to take it personally but...why me?!

(And a whole lot of other Muslimahs suffering like me but I deserve the right to be a bit selfish right now. Why me? Why now?)

When it's time to tell Kenneth that I'm quitting? I can't even stand and I don't want to call because I want to do this the right way. Now, I have to change my plans and ask Vanessa to get me some pads.

...And also tell Damon to forget about us hanging out today.

I groan as I curl my body into a position Mr. Fantastic will be impressed with seeing.