D A Y E I G H T E E N

a/n: yet another update I hope you enjoy and yet another gif that makes me smile.
And this will probably be your facial expression at the end of this chapter.

Vote, comment, and share :)?

———

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, my brain recites one of my favorite quotes, but if the doctor is cute, screw the fruit.

In this case, Damon is my doctor and I really don't want to eat any sort of apple to keep him away. He's been sweet and nice and he's even letting me keep Ophelia's pink hot water bottle.

I don't think she's ever going to get it back but this is beside the point.

My point is this: Damon is nice. Damon is sweet. Damon is making me repeat adjectives in order to describe how amazing he is. Damon is like... morphine to me. In general, my PMSing soul is really attracted to Damon (not that my regular soul isn't! I mean...yeah...) and the fact still remains that Venus is still mooning over him and Kenneth is still trying to chase a broken relationship.

So it's only smart of me to make things a bit right no matter how much of a rump Kenneth is and how much I think Venus should be swallowed by an anaconda.

But of course, I need some back up for moral support.

"So because lover boy decided to quit, you want to follow in his footsteps like a lost puppy?"

...Or maybe moral support is overrated.

I roll my eyes at Vanessa as we cross the street to get to Halle's Café, "Sure. I don't want to work with Venus and Kenneth without Damon there to back me up. God knows what could happen."

She shudders as she understands. "Of course. I forgot. The two psychopaths that just can't take a hint."

I nod in agreement.

I walk into the bakery, Vanessa following close behind me. The place is thankfully a slow day, not even up to seven customers and both Kenneth and Venus are manning the counter.

They practically ignore my existence as I approach them, Vanessa right behind me. Vanessa clears her throat and I cross my arms in slight amusement as they both wince, because while they can pretend I don't exist, Vanessa isn't someone who can easily be overlooked.

Mainly because she doesn't give herself the chance to be ignored.

"Two chocolate chip cookie cream sandwiches," Vanessa says with a slight smirk on her lips. Kenneth sighs and nods before picking up a tong.