D A Y S E V E N

A/N: another update! I hope you guys love it :) gif to the side is Nina Dobrev aka Vanessa Elliot.

———

———

"Noooooooo, leave me alone," I groan as I drown my face into my pillow. "I don't want to."

"Yesssssssss, you have to," Vanessa tugs hard at my bare feet. I resist by digging my fingers into my sheets and wiggling my feet out of her grasp.

"No. I want to have a lazy day. Sleep and pray. And stuff. Get away from me," I whine.

Her reply is another sharp tug that drags my face away from the pillow.

...Ugh. Why does Vanessa always insist that I follow her to watch her band meetings? All I do is watch and occasionally hum along! And try to air guitar to nonexistent beats. And imitate Sia.

...Okay, I tend to do more than I'm expected to whenever I'm with Vanessa's band.

I sigh as I sit up. Her brown eyes glint with victory and I frown.

"You're such a tortilla chip. I'm not going to stay for long so don't even get your hopes up," I stand up and stretch like a flamingo. The knots in my back come undone and I finally straighten my physique.

Her smirk is still present. "Whatever. Now be a pretty Paulina and wear your veil. Chop chop. Now."

"Like really, sometimes I wonder why I associate with you," I grumble as I put my hair in a sloppy ponytail and throw a random veil over my head. I don't bother clipping it in place since my destination isn't so far away.

Plus, once in a while, I'm entitled to feel like a total slob.

"Because you love me," Vanessa taps her guitar case lightly and tosses a tube of lip balm my way. I catch it with little effort. "Okay let's go. Gatsby will have my head if I'm late again."

I nod in agreement. Gatsby can be a little hard on Vanessa whenever she's late for their band meetings. She thinks it's because he has an old soul. I know the reason is that he has a not so mild crush on her.

"Yeah, but can we stop at Halle Café before we go?" Vanessa asks me as we walk down the stairs. "I need to eat something before we go."

"Sure," I shrug. It'll be a good excuse to say hi to Damon, I guess.

"...I'm liking this," Vanessa laughs and I glance at her. "If I asked you the same question a week ago, you wouldn't have given me a positive reply."