D A Y F O U R

A/N: I hope you really like this update. Please vote, comment, share, and maybe add to your reading lists?

 Please vote, comment, share, and maybe add to your reading lists?

———

"Tell me again why you're trying to set Kenneth up on a date with a hobo?" Vanessa asks me as we make our way to the hobo lamp post.

I give her a look as I hug the bucket of Maltesers to my chest. "He's not just any hobo," I correct her. "He's a blond hobo."

Vanessa snorts and smacks her chewing gum loudly. I try not to cringe. I fail. "Yeah, like that makes a difference."

"I like to think that it does, actually," I make a vague sound with my throat as I spot the lamp post of my dreams and my target hobo of the day.

No one knows his name but I call him Kappa. I don't know why I call him this though. All I know is that he has really blond hair and it shows that he neglects to have an actual bath in order to wash the mane of blond strands on his head.

And people call me vain.

I think Kenneth owes me big time.

"Hey!" I say, keeping my distance. Various eyes settle on me and I even see recognition and delight flash in their various gazes.

"Ah, the pretty lady. What can we help you with?"

It would have sounded so wrong if not for the fact that it's the cool one that has a very calm and polite tone who asks me this.

I cough. "See, there's this guy that's really getting on my nerves. He said he only likes blondes and I'm not blonde and yet, he wants me to get back together with him—"

"I can't believe you're narrating your love life to a pack of hobos," Vanessa laughs behind me. Her voice isn't exactly quiet and I feel my cheeks burn but I'm not sure if it's from embarrassment or anger.

"We are hobos, but we are human. Believe it or not," one of them speaks finally. His voice is solemn and I feel a tug at my heartstring.

Unfortunately, I can relate to the discrimination.

Vanessa keeps quiet and I have a feeling that she's suddenly regretting her statement. I don't have time to try and make her feel better. I'll do that later. For now, I have a mission.

"Do you guys think you could help me?"

They exchange looks and finally turn to me. They nod simultaneously.