D A Y F I F T E E N

A/N: gif on top is Paulina Quinn Suarez.

Anyhow, I hope you guys are enjoying this story so far :) please vote, comment and share loves x

———

"I hate my life."

"Then I'll love it for you," I chuckle at Vanessa's words. She's too busy grumbling possible curses under her breath as I slather makeup on her face to think of something equally romantic to say to me.

She's wearing this pretty lilac summer dress and flip flops because Gatsby wants to have a picnic. Her brown hair is curled in ringlets and she's (unconsciously) glowing.

All in all, she looks prettier than usual.

"This isn't fair. Why did I have to cry? I thought I was over The Lion King and shit," she rolls her eyes just as I'm about to apply a coat of mascara over her lashes. I refrain from (intentionally) stabbing her eye out with the mascara wand.

"Everyone gets teary-eyed when Mufasa dies," I shrug lightly, "It's a natural thing."

Vanessa huffs but I can tell she agrees. I continue with her makeup in relative silence.

Finally, I cap the lid of the lipstick and move away from her face to look at my masterpiece. "Ugh, your eyebrows are so bushy."

"Don't pluck them. I love them just the way they are," she wiggles her caterpillar eyebrows at me. I chuckle and extract two more items from my make up kit.

"Okay," I hold the objects to her face, "Eyeliner or kohl?"

She rolls her eyes. I wonder how it isn't permanently glued to the back of her eyelids. "Why don't you just get a knife?"

"Kohl it is," I ignore her jab at my make up items and drop the eyeliner. I would have loved to create the perfect wing for her but knowing Vanessa...

Yeah, kohl is much better.

But how do I get it into her eyes without stabbing her...?

Meh. Que sera, sera.

"So. How are you and Damon getting along?" she says as she looks away from the kohl, "Anything interesting?"

"He asked me out," I shrug, "I've told you this."

"Yeah. But you still haven't said yes?" Vanessa closes her eye and I slide the kohl wand under it. "What are you waiting for? The guy is nice, likes you, is pretty decent to the eyes and he can freaking cook like some kind of food god."