Chapter 23 & One-Shot Results

Start from the beginning

“Oh no hunny, she’s in the guest rooms upstairs stripping the beds with a few other girls.” Hilary commented.

“Alright, well thanks!” I said and dashed out the door.

She was very broad when she said ‘guest bedrooms’ but I knew that they were all on the same part of the house so it shouldn’t be too hard to find. I folded the dress and hid it behind my back before making my way to the guest rooms.

I opened up the first door and geld my breath.

 Empty. It was empty.

This process was repeated itself several more times until I opened the last door on the hallway and saw Kara laughing with two other girls as they threw pillows at each other.

The girl closest to me turned when she heard the door open. I had never seen her before so I was guessing she was new; that was also the only way I could explain her response to seeing me. Her eyes grew wide and the pillow that was thrown her way hit her in the chest causing her to stumble back slightly.

“Princess! We were just getting back to work.” She said hastily as she brushed the hair back from her face and did a clumsy curtsy.

I laughed hoping it would calm her down and show her that I didn’t care if they were having a pillow fight, “Oh don’t worry. These pillows are the best for pillow fights. Have you tried jumping on the bed? I think it’s this room that has the bed that is the best for jumping!”

She looked taken back by my words and I could only wonder what was going through her head, “No, princess we haven’t done that.”

“You can call me Bella.” I smiled warmly at her.

“What are you doing here?” Kara asked me. Her eyes where flashing with anger and I knew that I didn’t want to know what was going through her head.

I sighed. I knew it wasn’t going to be this easy, “I wanted to talk to you.”

She looked me up and down and I felt my heart sink. There was no way she was going to forgive me.  “Yeah, well I don’t want to talk to you.” She turned and went back to folding the sheets as though the conversation was done.

“Kara, you can’t speak to her that way.” The other girl hissed looked at me nervously.

I ignored her comment and walked up to Kara. I grabbed her arm and turned her around so that she would look at me. I could feel her tense when she felt my hand. I swallowed and asked her again, “Kara please talk to me. Please.”

She stared in my eyes for an immeasurable amount of time. For a second I thought she was going to say no but she surprised me when she spoke, “Fine. Come on.”

I breathed a sigh of relief and quickly followed her out of the room.  My heart was pounding in my chest and I said a quick prayer for everything to be alright. She walked into the room next to the one we were just in and I shut the door being careful to keep the dress behind my back.