CHAPTER 23 (What really happened)

A loud banging on the door woke me up. How did a reporter got inside the building? I thought the security here is tight? The amount we're paying is not a joke. The monthly fees gets higher every year and if this building failed my security, I'm moving out. I can no longer tolerate this invasion of privacy.

I have no other choice but to get up and check who's the one knocking on the door. I grabbed a nightgown and scrunchie to quickly gather all my messy hair and open the door.

I'm surprised to find my family knocking on my door. I immediately embraced 'appa' which means 'father' in Korean.

"어떻게 지내세요? (eotteohke jinaeseyo?)" He asked, which means 'How are you?'.

"I'm fine, appa. Don't speak Korean because mine is a little rusty, you see. I was about to fly there tomorrow. You surprised me." He giggled and we all got inside.

"How can we let our daughter suffer? Of course we're here to support you. We're here to protect you once again. Daddy is the best lawyer." My dad said and I teared up.

"I know and I'm so happy to have you both here." I embraced them both and I started crying. I've always wanted to visit my parents but my work is dragging me away.

"I baked these fresh last night. Put these on the fridge. They're best with black coffee." My mother handed me a box of blueberry muffins.

"Thank you mom. I missed your sweets a lot." I placed the box on the kitchen counter and pulled their luggages inside the guest room.

"I can make you a chocolate cake. I've been wanting to make one so why not? I can make one for tonight's dinner."

"Of course. Oh by the way mom, did you tell Annie you'll be here? She might go home for the weekend."

"Annie will be here tomorrow. She has no classes for three days and I asked her to take additional two days. We're all here for you, honey." I embraced my mother and it feels so good to have your family around. I feel complete.

"I missed you both so much."

"Me too, honey. A lot. As soon as I heard the news, I already know you're suffering from it. I don't know why that woman is so fascinated to have you as her subject." I sighed.

"I don't know, mom. I've been subjected to public scrutiny before and I don't know if this is worse or what. Things are currently handled by the firm. They're helping me out to stop this woman and the network from airing all the five episodes. So far, I'm getting a good response."

"That's good, honey. At least the firm is helping you. I might need to give Atty. Avery and Atty. Solomon a visit tomorrow. Maybe we can both go to your work?" Dad asked as he grabbed himself a glass of water.

"Sure dad, but I work at the afternoon till nighttime. We changed shifts last weekend."

"Oh no, it's fine. I just want to say hi and I'll probably buy myself some shirts. I didn't bring much."

"Of course. Uhm, why don't you both change? Your clothes are kind of stuffy."

They both changed in a more comfortable clothing. They both went to the kitchen and checked the fridge only to find nothing to cook. They frowned at me like I did some crime or something.

First, Michael and I are in a healthier diet. We don't eat carbs that much. You'll rarely see bread or sweets in the pantry. Most are spices, canned tuna or wine. Second, we watch out for our bodies so we don't get fat. Lastly, he's a doctor so that probably explains everything.

"Are you eating air or what?" Appa said.

"Oh my god dad, of course not! We eat but we just forgot to shop. You know our jobs can be so demanding." I closed the fridge. My mom crossed her arms.