CHAPTER 4 (The one I will still call yours)

I called in sick yesterday so I don't have to go to work for some unknown reasons. Jenna greeted me and finally my Nescafe Dolce gusto is now working and I can now finally have my usual latte. I don't have to drink her dreadful mixture of unknown in my cup. She followed me in the office and politely smiled at me and this is what I like about her, she remains smiling genuinely even if I'm such a biatch.

"Atty. Park, your coffee maker is now fixed and the guy from the other day came back here. I said you were sick and he's actually asking for your home address but I didn't give him, I swear." She raises her hands and crossed on her heart. Her childish innocence is one of the things I miss about myself.

"Of course you won't or you'll be fired. Again, if he comes back, tell him I'm still sick, okay? His girlfriend is Jessica Miller and I rejected their case so expect him to be a little persuasive  about this. I no longer want to be involved in this 'Mean girls' kind of drama. I'm really done." I told her and I removed my coat and hanged it. I noticed that my gel-polished nails in black. Seriously? I just noticed how pale my hands look like with this color. I am officially now your wicked witch-bitch. It really suits me.

"Jessica Miller, the beautiful ballet dancer? Wow. I loved her toothpaste commercial and the Prada bag she was holding last week in the Oscar Dela Renta show, just pure perfection." She said and it somehow irritated me. Jessica Miller's fashion sense is a die-hard imitation of Audrey Hepburn and she thinks she looks good in those 1950's dresses she loves to wear and those hand bags in pastel color are seriously blinding.

Her signature cutie patootie cat eye along with her pale pink lips are seriously irritating the hell out of me and I don't think I'll be a fan. No thanks girl, no thanks. Atty. Sylvia Smith even told me that Jessica Miller's make up suit me even more since my eyes are like 'cute almonds'. That's how she described my eyes and I'm not doing that. I love my Naked palette and Sephora eyeliner, thanks. I'm not going to be a K-pop star just because I'm half-Korean. I'm not 'Aegyo' and 'Kawaii' and I know that's Japanese.

The thing about me being half Asian is that i look younger than my age no matter what i do. For Pete's sake, I'm already 30 years old but I am always mistaken to be around 22 or something. Asian genes really have magic.

I pointed at my grey Prada saffiano bag so she could see that I can afford Prada as well and I'm not a frigging ballet dancer. I bought the bag through hard-earned labor. I studied more than 10 years just to get here and that Prada bag isn't even enough to compensate.

"See, that's Prada as well, so Prada isn't really a rare thing. If you work hard, you can get the same bag, Jenna. Believe me, so do well here and you can be promoted. I'll even vouch for you." She looked very delighted and I don't know where those positive word even came from like they were from an old chest of myself. It feels light to be this good sometimes, it's just that I think people will abuse you.

"Thank you, Atty. Park. I'll work hard. Have a good day!" She smiled and went out of my office. I don't think she can sense the bitchiness that's flowing all over my body right now. I just wish her all the best to never become me.

I hate being me. I hate the fact that my blood runs colder than a lizard. I hate the fact that I am ruthless. I hate the fact that I resent myself. Fck life.

Emails again.

Fr: ETHAN L. JENNINGS
To: Atty. Aria Addison Fairchild Park

We want to schedule a meeting with you at the Miller's mansion next week Friday. The Sunset Air CEO Mr. George Miller wants to talk to you about her daughter's case. It is in our best interest to fully support Jessica and your cooperation will be deeply appreciated.