CHAPTER 22 (Hello nightmare)

Hell is breaking loose.

The local crime suspense show covering the mysterious downfall of Andrew Fox became a hit. They were able to uncover his past deeds, including the drugs, brawls and his rape cases. I don't know what to think about this. My mind is currently flooded with people knocking on my door, asking for my interview. People know. They know about me and it scares me.

Anxiety attacks. Here they are.

I grabbed a glass of water and turned the TV off.

After all these years, I saw that face again. He's the one who broke me. He changed all of our lives. He... destroyed me.

I can still remember how he accused me of cheating on Ethan. He was screaming and shouting at the court room. He was saying things that I really loved him and we were hanging out long before Ethan. He was trying to shame me. He even claimed that I slept with him a handful of times and I loved it. He was even telling the jury that he bought me a ring. I don't know how he lied to everyone and acted like he was desperately in love with me.

Ever since that news, I can see his terrifying look whenever I close my eyes. I can't even properly sleep. I get nightmares. I don't how should I fix this mess. Everything is getting out of hand. No one can do something about this.

"Stop watching TV, Aria. You have to sleep. That bastard is already in jail and he still can make you suffer. Oh how I wish I could kill him." Michael embraced me and his assurance is what I need.

"But we can't do anything about it. People are knocking on our door, asking for interviews and I can't even go to the grocery. My life is now exposed to everyone. They know about me and it's for them to decide if they choose my side. I feel so violated. I feel so abused and it's just like it all over again." I closed my eyes and massaged my temples.

"I can't get away from him. He even haunts me in my sleep. He can destroy me. He can..." He embraced me and I felt assurance that someone is behind to catch me. Michael will never leave me. He will protect me.

"Just sleep it off. Your anxiety attacks are getting worse. I'll ask ny friend to prescribe you something different. You can't eat nor sleep. You have to keep yourself alive, Aria." I reached for the blanket and lied down the couch.

"I'll sleep here instead. I feel so alone inside the room. I'm planning to visit my sister in the hospital maybe I can ride with you later? If that's okay?" He smiled.

"Of course. Sleep here while I do the laundry. We have a mountain of clothes blocking the laundry room so I have to finish that before I make our lunch. Don't worry, I'm in-charge so stay put." He just smiled and closed all the curtains so I can sleep in peace.

-=-=-=-=-=-

The next day, I decided to come to work and I'm surprised to find Elena Gibbons, the local news reporter. She's holding a mic and immediately fixed herself to face me. Her arrogang attitude strod out with her heavy and cheap makeup. Her red lips tell me that she's not an easy person to deal with. This woman has 350K followers on Twitter and things could get messy if I make one wrong move.

"Atty. Aria Addison Park, what a good timing to finally meet you in the flesh. You look really young to be thirty." I cleared my throat.

"I won't answer to any of your questions. I have the right. Please excuse me." I walked passed her but she grabbed my arm and I almost lost my balance. Jenna's shocked face registered and she quickly set up her phone like what we planned.

"How dare you grab me?" I said in a low tone. I'm trying to keep it low key.

"You just need to answer some of my questions. It's not that hard, isn't it?  Or you're probably afraid that things won't go out smoothly for you? Are you hiding something? Were you lying and all the other girls?" I gasped. I can't believe that woman would question my rape claim.