CHAPTER 8 (And all my fragile strength is gone)

"So, have you heard about Mia Donovan's gimmicks? She's acting crazy for crying out loud! Now, do you see what I meant? It escalated pretty quickly and now they're questioning your ethics as a ballet dancer." I massaged my temples as I read the news online. I wasn't really wrong about Mia's thinking. She's trying to humiliate Jessica in the worst way possible. It's enough that she received prejudices from Mia's twitter followers, but to cry in front of everyone and question Jessica's character? She's really doing her best to ruin a talented girl's reputation.

Jessica's hands are trembling while holding onto her red Karl Lagerfeld purse. It seems to me that she's really starting to feel the weigh of her foolishness. Ethan remained seated beside her and looking calm as he try to comfort his fiancée. His eyes are glued to her and speak subtlety. How can he be this gentle when he almost assaulted me at his office back then?

Love hurts; love scars.

Ooooohhhoooohhh... love hurts.

I remained standing and leaning against the wall while thinking about our next move. First, she thought Mia was just being brat, then she also assumed it's gonna die down its own and lastly, she never took her SERIOUSLY. This girl is digging her own grave.

"I am so sorry, Atty. Park. I never thought this would happen. Is there any way we can fix this? I already apologized." Her tears keep on falling and her hands continue to tremble. I reached a paper cup and poured her some water.

"Thanks." She said.

"Now, this is what happens when you don't believe in me. I came from Lindbergh College of Law and I finished seventh in my Bar exams. I know what I'm talking about. I just want to save your ass so we can move on from our lives. That's good, right? But you apologized very late. I told you, you should've apologized the same week it happened."

She sniffed. "I didn't expect her guesting at Good Morning America. It was... too fast and now the anchors already have a bad impression towards me. Goddammit! Now, whole America thinks I'm a bad person. She's not a saint, so why?" She stood up and started walking back and forth in her Gucci heels. Her body hugging nude knee length dress is perfectly showing her good physique. Her pale is skin looks amazing in her red lipstick.

"You're a prima ballerina and you're supposed to be on top of your game. Think about this and come back to me if you think you can handle it. I'm not the enemy here, so please listen to me. Be a good girl, dress cheaply and smile more. Jog in public places and eat burgers in diners. You need to show humility. Stop acting like a princess. That's all, and you can leave for now, thanks. I have a meeting with a producer from GBS so you can have an interview. I suggest you dress cheaply, lessen the cateye and gloss. I will tell you what to wear once we settled, are we clear?" She sniffed again and Ethan stood up. He held her hand and I saw how it perfectly interlocked.

Another stab in the heart is made.

"Yes, Atty. Park. God, you are so smart and my dad's right. I should've at least 10% of your brain cells. I feel incredibly stupid and ludicrous right now. I realized that I don't have any substance at all. Ballet is my life. I worked hard for it since i was very little. I can't just throw it away." She sniffed again and wiped his eyes. His tears became black from heavy mascara and eyeliner.

"Just rest for now, continue ballet practice and start acting humble in public. Quit wearing expensive heels and wear sneakers. Stop flaunting your Hermes bag and wear something the public use, okay? Have you seen how Kristen Stewart was captured in paparazzi pages? Copy that."

"I will, I promise."

Then Ethan cut her.

"Jess, wait for me in the car. I have something to speak with Atty. Park. I just have something to consult." I rose an eyebrow.