CHAPTER 13 (Oh Juliet)

"I decided to tour you in a breathtaking place. You deserved it for helping Jessica. Thank you very much." I am starting to despise that name. It's the name that I am trying to remove out of my head. Not that I want her gone for good, maybe just for a while. It devastates me to know that he feels obligated to tour me around just because I am Jessica's defense attorney. He's being nice and just returning the fcking favor.

"It's fine. Thank you for the meal but this is the part where I go by myself. I want to complete some things I made on my list. Thank you very much, Ethan. I appreciate the lunch." I smiled at him and stood up to leave but he caught me by the hand. I looked at him and his face is serious enough it startled me.

I swallowed hard. "Why are you avoiding me? Why?" Then he stood up, towering me with his height. His perfect facade just blinds me and he really stands out in this crowded diner. His blonde hair is perfectly brushed and his eyes are just perfect with his hair color. They're so blue it feels like the ocean is drowning you.

"I... just want to tour you around. It's not that-"

"Ethan, stop. Please." He massaged his temples and dragged me out of the place. He just stood there and keeps on massaging his temples. I don't know what's his problem. Okay, I thank him with all of my heart for helping me out earlier this morning with alcohol poisoning. It was immature of me.

"I am going now. Take care and say hi to Jessica for me. I'll see to it to watch her performance on Wednesday. I promise." I said.

"Why do you keep on avoiding me? We were friends, right? You're the one who broke up with me so there shouldn't be anything wrong with this. Unless... you still love me that's why you keep on avoiding me." I have to admit, I was definitely caught off guard. I am trying to catch my breath but it seems that my lungs are filled with frustration.

I can't breathe. "N-no. Be reasonable. I am a grown woman who wants to tour the place alone. I am a huge fan of self-discovery, thank you very much."

"But you're not yet familiar!" He said.

"That's why I'm gonna learn the place! God, Ethan. You're stubborn, you know?" I said and he snorted. The people are looking at us.

"Maybe you're just intimidated. I know you are. You might still be harboring forgotten feeli-"

"Okay! Okay! Good lord, Ethan! Now bring me to that place you keep on telling me. God this is insane. Your false accusations are driving me mad!" Then he turned around facing me and smiled. "Good" he responded.

He removed his navy tie and grey suit. He unbuttoned the first top buttons of his shirt and wore his wayfarers. He always loved wearing wayfarers ever since then and it's like a sign that he's driving.

And I'm not wrong. He handed £200 to the driver, telling him to use a cab.

No, I can't be alone with Ethan. This is suicide. Abort mission! But of course I can't because it would seem that I am still affected- which is true - and that can't happen. I have to stay strong. I pulled my hair in a ponytail and sat in the front with Ethan and put the seat belt on.

I can smell his expensive perfume. Damn, he really smells good. Never once in my life he smelled bad or like sweat. He has the best grooming habits that no one can surpass. He's that meticulous.

"Where are you taking me?" I said.

"A lot of places but first i have to bring you to Buckingham palace. It's a tradition for first timers here in England." He said while calmly driving around in Londo in such a crazy way. He's a rough driver ever since and that's the reason why I usually drive myself back then.