CHAPTER 20 (Tell me you love me)

"Do you want some Coffee? I brewed for three people." My sister offered. I'm currently in her new apartment and we just finished arranging her stuff which is such a mess. The boxes are not labeled and it's not even placed properly inside the box. She made me clean a lot of utensils and cabinets. I folded a lot of her clothes and still have to scrub the bath.

We still have to put wallpaper to her bedroom. The res pain looks ghastly and she would never sleep in a red room. She told me, the color looks a little kinky and that's not her thing. She hates red and I don't know why, considering blood is red and she's a nurse. My sister could be a little peculiar at times, but she's lovable.

"Yes please." Christine smiled at me and placed a cup of coffee and a muffin. I could smell blueberries and it's freshness. She loves baking and this is the reason why I got her an oven last Christmas. She baked everything she can find online for a week and my family had to put up with a lot of carbs.

"So, how was your trip? Is London really that fancy? Have you tried riding a double-decker bus? Have you seen Prince Harry? Oh! Have you seen river Thames?" I laughed at her questions. She's trying to make fun of me.

"Dreadful. I had to attend tons of party and I had to wear heels all the time. I had to dress up the whole time! Imagine the effort I had to exert just to look good! It's maddening, but I went to Inverness!" I told her.

"Oh my God! You've been to Inverness?! How was it? I remember your poster you have at home. You almost hug that to bed. You were so fascinated and I don't know why. It's just... an old city. Still, good for you!"

"I know. Thank goodness I went there. My entire stay at Londom was dreadful it would've made you cringe so hard. Trust me."

"Was it really that dreadful? Oh yeah, because your client is a one big joke. Who would do that to a big reality star? Might as well dig a hole and bury your entire career. She knew better, sister. She's lucky her father owns Sunset Air or else, she can kiss ballet goodbye." I just smiled at her as I flip the magazine pages. I have nothing to do today since my bosses are out and we're on a company holiday.

Christine decided to hangout since she's living nearby now. She works at the hospital where Michael works as a nurse.

"Jessica was raised sheltered so you can assume the outcome. She barely managed to live by herself, let alone handle a public scandal. I have nothing against her, trust me. It's just that, her dependence is a little alarming, considering she's no longer a kid." I told my sister. She seems really curious and I have nothing to comment further.

First, everything is over. Second, I am moving forward.

Lastly, they're getting married.

"You had to see your weakling of an ex-boyfriend during your trip which made me think of you a lot. I was actually really worried. You weren't calling us. You didn't even replied to my emails." I sighed.

"Of course I wasn't entirely fine. I had tons of flashbacks and I had no choice but to let it unravel once again. Of course, I loved him to insanity. You would understand why. I even saw Anita there which... made it incredibly painful. Of course I managed, because I have to. I really have to." She sat with me on the couch and leaned on my shoulder.

"I won't really care if you cry, sis. You can cry in front of me. I won't judge you. I won't say anything. Just cry, sk you can let it all out. Life isn't fair and if things go horribly wrong, remember to cry. Crying helps a lot, trust me. I'm a nurse, and soon to be doctor." I just smiled.

"I already cried during my flight back here. I'm okay now."

"You know I'm always here for you. The family is always here for you. We will never abandon you. You can always come back home. Mom missed you a lot but she understands your job. You're still a rookie lawyer, so you still have to work hard."