Chapter 12

I was still surprised with myself from last night. It helped me to forget what happens with me at school, and to try and focus on what Trey had said about not allowing Liam to crush me. It was such an easy thing to say, but applying it was another.

The moment I woke up the in the morning, I knew the day wasn't going to go very well. Okay, all of my days are horrible. But today literally felt like it was going to be one of those days where you know nothing will go right.

It started with me oversleeping and almost being late for school. I didn't have the time to put in the contact lens so I had no choice but to wear my broken glasses. Mom promised me she will try to replace them at the end of the week. I only hope that Liam or his friends won't do more damage to them.

I made it to school within minutes as the bell rang for homeroom. My stomach grumble with hunger as I walked into the classroom from skipping breakfast, hoping no one would hear it.

I had PE this morning and because I was in such a rush this morning, I completely forgotten my sport uniform. Forgetting it will mean detention, and I really didn't want it. I have never gotten a detention in all of my schooling, and it looked like I was about to get my first. Not unless I forged a note from my mom to get me out of PE.

But luckily for me, Trey saved the day. Surprisingly he was carrying two sport uniforms with him and he offers me his spare.

"Thanks, Trey," I reply, taking off my shirt and placing it inside my locker.

"It's all good," Trey says, taking his own shirt off and placing it into the locker. "What are friends for?" He grabs the navy blue t-shirt we use for our sport uniform and put it over his head.

I didn't put on my shirt straight away. I held it in my hands. "Why do you carry two uniforms? You only need one pair."

Trey shrugs. "You never know if one of them is dirty or have a really bad odour smell; at least you can wear the other one."

We finish getting dress and headed outside where our teacher Mr Clarkson was setting up for a game of soccer. It was the sport I disliked the most. Sport just wasn't my thing. I was terrified of the ball in case it was to break my glasses or if they fell off my face while running. Once when I was younger I almost did break them after a baseball hit me in the face, just on my cheek when I didn't catch the ball properly. The ball was just inches away from smashing into the bottom frame, but I was lucky it didn't.

Mr Clarkson starts us off with a warm up, asking us to do two laps around the field. I jog beside Trey. By the second lap I was completely out of breathe and didn't know how I was able to complete it. My chest felt like it was going to explode at any moment.

When I thought I might die from all of this running, someone pushes through the middle of Trey and me, almost making me trip over when he bumps into us.

"Out of my way, ladies," Liam says with laughter in his voice as he ran off.

Trey holds out his arm to me to stop. We stop for a moment to catch our breath.

"Did... he... just... refer... us... to....ladies?" Trey asks me in between puffs.

I nod.

"Trey, Zach, stop talking and keep moving!" our teacher shouts to us from across the field.

We continue running until we reach the rest of our class. As soon as we reach the end I felt like collapsing in the grass, but I don't. I just stand there, crunch over with my hands on my knees.

Mr Clarkson picks Liam and another person for team captain. Liam goes first, picking Dominic. One by one the captains call out who they wanted for their team. Trey and I were the last two remaining and I feared of being picked by Liam, and what he will do to me during the game. He smirks at the both of us before picking Trey. Trey taps me on the shoulder, wishing me luck before he joins Liam's team.