Chapter 21

Gemma's POV

My heartbreaks as I see the caskets up in front. Each family had been told personally of their loss and the bodies were all taken to the morgue. Everyone's parents had separate funerals to mourn the lost of their loved ones. My mother and Jade's mother had conversed about having one funeral for both loses to save money and hopefully ease the pain faster. Harry, Bella and Jade were all in their closed caskets as the priest gave his speech. We were all tearing up and my mother was crying with Jade's mother. I sat there, not knowing how to feel. I was so ecstatic to hear that my brother, sister and his girlfriend were 3 of the 12 survivors from the crash and then my mood dropped when I found out they were missing. I thought that if they were to die, it would be from starvation, dehydration or even exhaustion; I would have never thought I would hear that my little siblings were killed by a mass murderer in a hotel near the crash cite. As I stood there, watching everyone leave a rose near the caskets and consoling my mother along with Jade's parents, I couldn't help but wonder: How did this happen?

Jade's POV

"W-We have to leave. Now!" I grabbed Harry's hand and dragged him to the doors. I tried to open them but they wouldn't budge.

"C'mon weakling," Louis groaned as he grabbed the door handle and tried to pull. He couldn't open the door either. "I-It won't open." Louis looked dumbfounded but this I already knew.

"That's because as soon as all of you disgusting, sinful teenagers entered my hotel, all of the doors were locked from the outside. You can't get out," The deep voice chuckled as we turned around so see the giant man walking out of the elevator with an ax. My eyes widened and I felt my arm being tugged as my feet began to move along. Harry was running and dragging me with him. We ran down the hallway and down the stair case instead of the elevator. Harry locked the door that had been open to the stair well and began walking down the stair case into a tunnel.

"Where are we? What is this going to accomplish." I asked, stopping in my tracks.

"These tunnels lead to an emergency, underground exit. Almost every hotel has one." Harry said frantically, "Now let's go."

"Why? All of our friends are dead! What makes you think we can survive this?" My eyes watering. My depression was creeping up on me and I was having a hard time fighting it.

"No, You can't do this.Don't talk like that, Jade. We need to stay alive; I need you to stay alive." Harry pleaded,putting his hands on my shoulders. "We have family at home, waiting on us. They're waiting to see if our bodies have been found. Don't you want to go home and be able to say we survived and tell the story so no one comes to this hotel and that man gets arrested?" I began to cry at the thought of our moms waiting to here we were found dead or alive. I cried even more at the thought of everyone else' mom having to hear that they survived the plane crash but were killed by a man in a hotel. 

"I don't know, Harry." I looked down. Harry put his hand on my chin and lifted it up, I was met with his desperate gaze.

"Do you love me?" His question caught me off guard.

"What?"

"Do you love me?"He repeated. 

"Of course I love you, Harry." I said with fresh tears clouding my vision. He wiped them away and kissed me, passionately. 

"We aren't going to die here, Jade. Not now, not in this hotel. We are going to live a long and loving life; we're going to get married and have two amazing children and then die of old age. If you truly love me, keep fighting for our future." He said, a tear sliding down his cheek.

"Ok." I grinned and hear a door get kicked open. "Oh god,"

"That's our cue, c'mon." He grabbed my hand and we began to run down the tunnel and turned to go right. We came across a gate with a lock on it. Harry kicked it very hard a few times, breaking the lock. We ran through the gate and continued down the long hallway. There was another gate with a long and on the other side were stairs, leading up to a wooden door that led out of the tunnel and hotel. We heard footsteps behind us and panicked; Harry was having a harder time breaking this lock. 

"C'mon Haz." I whispered in a frenzy. Seconds Later, Harry stopped kicked the locked and shrieked in pain. I looked him over to see a hook going into his hand as he hit the floor. "No! No! Harry!" New tears began to cloud my vision. Harry was slowly being drug towards the man and I panicked. "Fight it, Harry!" He struggled and grabbed his hand, trying to take it out of his hand. The man was right over Harry now and yanked the hook out o his hand. 

I watched in horror as the love of my life had a hook jabbed into his jaw and his body fell limp.

Our future dying with him. 

I almost lost the energy to keep running right there, but Harry's words kept echoing in my head. If you truly love me then fight for the future. I struggled to get up off the floor with my heavy heart but as soon as I saw the man's eye land on me, I turned around and climbed over the cage door. I was small enough to fit be tween the tiny space between the ceiling and the cage door. I fell to the ground with a big thud and it took seconds to get my breath back. I jogged up the stairs and barged open the door to see the sun. It was the after noon and the sun was at it's highest as I made my way out to the land. Police cares were driving by and they didn't stop, as if they couldn't' see me...until one did. The sirens made my ears feel like they were going to bleed. My eyes squint at the light and I felt my heavy heart sink.

I was the only survivor.

We had lost Louis on the way to the stairs and he was grabbed by the hook, I was sure of it.

I was all alone.

The police officer walked out of his car and he gun was point up at me. I held my hands up, thinking he was point it at me. "Step away from the girl." Confusion masked my face I turned my head slightly to see that the man had followed me up the stairs and was now behind me but the police was too late.

I felt a sharp object, knife maybe, plunged into my rib cage where my heart was. My organs began to fail as I fell to the ground and my vision became black. The last thing I heard was the ringing of guns and the policemen hollering.