Ten

Its been awhile.. 

Amelia

Lies.

I have made - multiple lies. Which had lead to this very situation.

"Speak freely, my mate.. " God his voice did things to her, his very presence were doing many things to her right now.

Her brows furrow, a lump developing in her throat.

Secrets. She had too many secrets.

That was one of the reasons why she came here, sanctuary.

Finding a mate was priority to surviving, it was an essential thing to do. But once finding a mate, then what? She hadn't given much thought to it.

Until now.
This was necessary.

Stop Running.

It Ends Here.

Doesn't it?

Fifteen.

I flinched, tears rushing down my face, I could feel the burn against my skin. The sound of cane whistling as a gasp escaped my dry lips.

I was strong, I always was.

I am strong.

But why is it, that this, felt like I am about to be cut open in half.

No secrets.

I gaze onto his golden eyes, my insides quivered, almost withered at its intensity. I had waited for a long time to find a mate. For countless of times I have thought that I would die away without a mate, without knowing the feeling of having the other half of your soul.

To be safe.

Those eyes. I wonder what their true color were, I wondered if all those stories were true. Was it true, he had a wife once? Would me, being his mate make him love me?
There were so many questions running in my head that I had almost lost track of the importance, as to why I had made him stop.

I shouldn't have said anything.

Closing my eyes and shaking my head, suddenly feeling nauseous. As memories came rushing in, flushing before my eyes. A lone tear tailed down slowly at the corners of my cheek, I felt his rough hand softly brushing it away.

My eyes open, as he tilted my chin up to look at him.

Without a single word. Our eyes locked in a heated gaze, he growled, the sound rumbling deep in his chest. The flushes of memories soon, turning brighter.

I felt the needle pierced through my skin, the serum they were injecting me with was the fifth one today. As the heat that course through my veins, intensified and burned me from the inside and out. They restrained me with leather straps to the bed. Five different doctors hovered over me, before my vision blurred, my head growing heavier by the second.

What was happening to me?

Why were they injecting me with so much medication?

This was my first heat. Wasn't I suppose to just get suppressants?

A loud dangerous growl woke me from my daze.

No.

My eyes widen as he stood, muscles tens and hands clenched to fist, his nostrils flared, eyes burning, the liquid gold turned bright, as if they were on fire.

I whimpered, and tried to move away, my feet digging down onto the mattress. My pulse quickening.

"Where?.." He growled out, the question sending a hundred possible answers in my panicking mind.