thirty-six

dans pov
my phone rings. the whole class turns to look at me. i feel my face go red.
"sorry." i murmur as i pull my phone out of my pocket. its phil.
i ask to be excused to the bathroom. i quickly jog to the restroom. im out of breath by the time i open the door to see the raven haired boy pacing around with tears running down his face. i walk over to him.
"what happened?" i ask and wrap my arms around the taller boy. he doesn't say anything and he buries his head further into my shoulder, he is shaking from all the tears.
i don't care that i'm missing english or that im failing school and will probably have to do summer school to make up all the days ive skipped, all i care about is phil. phil is the most important thing to me in this horrible hell that people call life.
"hey, listen. im going to help you, whatever this is, im going to help you through it, okay?"
"promise?" he sniffs
"i promise."
"pinkie swear?" i see a glimpse of that old smirk buried behind all the tears.
"pinkie promise." i hold out my pinkie and he does too.
he smiles. "thank you, dan." he wipes away his tears and kisses me on the cheek. "got to go back to class."
"bye." i don't leave immediately, i stay in the dirty, smelly bathroom for a few more minutes wondering what on earth could have hurt phil like that.
after contemplating that question for a little bit, i gather myself and make my way back to class.
a/n: tHe tATinOf MOviEs aRe OuT iM SCREAMING